Saturday, August 21, 2004

Gold Medal Saturdays

I got to see Rach for the first time in forever today and it was neat to see her with her baby, Riley. I've been an olympic junkie after the beach this week and the crew (Jo, Catherine and Lindsey) are all here watching the womens swimming. We also woke up this morning and went running through the Duke trail and then to Cosmic Cantina (the best burrito place ever). It's strange to be here on the east coast and exercise agian-- you get completely covered in sweat in seconds.

Last night we rented a really cool movie: Shattered Glass. . . the whole family liked it, so if you haven't seen it, check it out. It's a true story about a journalist. Speaking of which, I ran into MS Pachino (my high school journalism teacher) today on 9th street. It was joyful reunion despite the tension during high school. We went running, made peach cobbler and had a great time!

Sven and I (the guy from spring summit that I was "talking" to) kind of "broke up" if you could call it that. It was kind of strange, but the jist of if was this: I was unwilling to yeild to a compromise (as far as moving or changing my plans) and so we just wouldn't be in the same place at the same time. I still like him-- he is super outdoorsy and I'm not sure exactly what's going on so we'll see what happens. He's going to be in Santa Barbara in the fall and New Zealand in the winter and I was going to BYU and I'm not sure about my winter plans. I'll see him next week(hopefull, last night he said he wasn't sure if he wanted to see me). . .we're planning on going to a bluegrass picnic in Jackson Hole, so I'll keep you posted on the details. . .


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AaaH! The tragedy of nomadic collegiate life. Sven just doesn't understand that he's dealing with a Hatch girl, and one named Angela at that . . . (I mean that in a good way) -- Sarah

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice update, Ang. I like the pictures, too. Sounds like I missed a really fun time at the beach (wish we could have been there, though). I liked the updates on your life. Good luck at BYU-P this fall - and keep us posted!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home