Wednesday, July 26, 2006

That's MS. Hatch to you . . .

Time to rescue my social skills. Yesterday evening I found myself in "Spice Street" -- a fancy eating place, with my Argentine friend. A bit strange, I must say. I feel obessed with cherries (which are an economy breaking $14 a bag here), and completely ruined my "Harry Potter" book seeing that I was too anxious to find out if the bad guys were really the bad guys, and flipped a few chapters ahead (0kay, so it was the end of the book) to find out what happened. Ugh. I'm not even patient in reading.

I feel overwhelmed, yet completely free! I have a million things to do, or a million things I could be doing-- maybe I need to make another "To Do" list. I declared a new major yesterday. It took four hours at the computer, but I figured out my schedule and I am now majoring in: History Education. I know, it's a bit out of nowhere, but I actually feel quite well about it. I have this vision of myself teaching high school History in Alaska or Washington (which probably doesn't sound that fun to anyone else)--being done with work at 3:30, having my summers free to guide, hike, swim and play, and making enough to support myself and receive some wicked benifits.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

dude sounds like a plan. alaska rocks. it was 70 and sunny- BEAUTIFUL up here today. history teaching..interesting. thats somthing i have always liked. bummer about the potter book. it stressed me out a bit too. i read ahead. (and made my friend tell me the end). Anyhoo this is getting long. maybe you deserve an email. or i do. one of us does...

10:28 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

hi angela, so the beginning of your post is a big vague...are you trying to say you were on a date? Was is strange because you liked it? I can't belive cherries are $14 a bag! Maybe if you asked nicely Sven would go find a cherry tree and pick you a gallon for free ha ha! So history education...sounds cool...I've always sucked at the subject but I've subed a 5th grade history class once and did ok. I think maybe I had really bad history teachers because it has always been really boring. But i tried to make it interesting for the kids and ended up learning a lot my self. I think you'll be good at it because you're good at telling stories and keeping things interesting enought to keep peoples attention. Well this is a long comment. I'd better go. But I want to talk to you. Call me some time. I tried calling you a few times and I get a "do, do, do...we're sorry your call did not go through" signal.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Fern said...

HISTORY! YEAH! now you can keep me on my toes! woohoo. I think we both know how I feel about this subject. It's a deep, ingrained love and devotion. wahahaha. I'm super happy.
fern
ps: does "rescue my social skills" include returning phone calls?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

angela- are you just going to keep dropping hints about coming up here, or are you going to just COME? you need to visit me. you would be pretty much in heaven. i will be here til september probably, so you know. do what you know you should. i thought about emailing you, but i dont remember your email address...so send it to me, mine is hal02014@byui.edu
loves! mary

9:52 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

uh... okay.

12:06 AM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

p.s. the salmon river has tons of wild cherry trees growing on it. Store bought cherries will never be the same!

I'm considering teaching as well but on a college level and after i work for a while (to get experience).

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home