Thursday, August 03, 2006

"there's no place like home"

Heading off for Kansas in 15 minutes. . . I am so tired. I always have this feeling on the plane. An unearthly exhaustion, a swimming head, black under my eyes and feel a little detatched from everything around me. I don't know if Em has a computer, but I'll try to post at least once so ya'll can keep updated on my highly-amusing life (okay, not really).

I've had an interesting past couple of days. . . I spent most of my mid-afternoon yesterday in the world of crafts, fabric and thriftstores. . .it brought back a world of memories. I was amazed at how quickly I fell back into it. All these knew ideas and inventing all sorts of ideas in my head as I walked around. It's like a treasure hunt. Kind of like missionary work actually. Finding something a bit off colored among everything that's there. . . looking at it, analyzing it and seeing that with a bit of work, there lies a tremendous potential. Okay, so I'm a dorky RM. But I talked to Irene from Hildalgo, Mexico yesterday. She told me about job descrimination and how much she misses her country. A common story and a rather sad one. Invited her to come to church but what I pity I had no pass along card!

5 Comments:

Blogger Fern said...

I've been in a rather crafty mood too! I'm afraid with you now in Kansas and then at "the ocean" we won't get a chance to talk again before I leave. Oh no! It's nice to actually 'talk' sometimes. Looks like we'll have to jump on the email train.
fernicus

11:29 AM  
Blogger j:) said...

hi angela, I went to a 2nd hand store yesterday called the gold mine. There was soooo much stuff there. It reminded me of you...especially after you saying you went to a thriftstore. Job descrimination sucks. It just goes back to the "grass is greener on the other side" concept. Well, hope you have fun in Kansas. I've been looking on line for some fun stuff to do when you get out here. I'd like to go somewhere I can take Kona.

1:22 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

hi. this is a spam message to promote my own blog by posting a message onto yours. just click here and all your wildest dreams will come true!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

sweeeeet caroLINE!! you ARE a dorky RM missionary. you stop that. right now :) haha just kidding. but really. good to see your creative powers are coming back...have fun in kansas

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh is that really u angela!?!? i can't believe i found you! you are very popular in Argentina and i love your music!!! please send me an email here

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home