Monday, July 09, 2007

Life as a psuedo-adult

I am graduating school. I am going to have a job. I have no idea what I am doing in the fall. I have five weeks to decide. Sometimes I feel like the key to doing well in jobs isn't actually the job itself, but rather appearing to be busy and creating work for yourself. Jobs and careers are only accessories to what really matters. It feels funny to waste so much time on an accessory.

This weekend was so fun. I hiked 35 miles and brian and I feasted like kings every night at sheep camp. I went to his ranger program and watched him in actioni. It was pretty dang cute (although I must admit some jealousy when a girl my age on her honeymoon said that she thought he was adorable. . .ugh). I took a shower outside in the mountains with one of those bags you hang up and a lit candle. I am very tired today. I melted my shoes over the heater (I was trying to dry them) and hiking with them felt like hiking on a slab of iron rock. Needless to say, my feet hurt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Randy Row said...

I know just how you feel! I'm done w/ law school and now.... all I hear are the crickets of the world chirping. I don't want to interview, I don't want to impress. It kind of feels like I'm done with life. Pumpkins are coming to Orem in September, White Stripes are coming to Jackson, and other than that I am not looking forward to anything else. Now that's arrested development!

1:06 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

i was there with all the decision making stuff... it's such a blessing to have so many opportunities, yet difficult to choose which one to take. Good luck.

I think I'm going to St. George to work as a Rec guide this fall :)

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home