Saturday, June 09, 2007

I would walk 500 miles . . .

Okay, maybe not, but I would fly 3,800, drive another 800 and then hike another 10. Last night I ran 10 miles to see Brian. He ran 22. It was exhilerating! It was an amazing sunny evening-- the snow on the mountains, the river rushing by, the ferns glowing green and the moss covering the huge trees. Spruce, hemlocks, berrys and flowers! I ran banging a pot and a spoon to scare away any bears. A little unecessary perhaps, but it eased my nerves when I was alone. It was brilliant (to be said like the many aussies and brits that come into the trail center).

I have been watching national geographic specials inbetween work, eating running and sleeping. I watched a great one on grizzly bears and another on killer whales. There are over 100 mormon kids in this town. That means we make up 1/8 of the population. I think everyone should come up and hike the Chilkoot trail (33 miles and crosses the canadian boarder).

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

wow, ten miles in the alaskan wilderness IS a long time to run by yourself... you must really like this kid :)
skagway sounds so amazing, and 'brilliant' haha i really want to hike that chilkoot trail..i will one of these days. have fuN!

1:18 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

I can only imagine you with a pot and spoon in the Alaskan wilderness running ten miles. What an adventure!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think someone's in love...
sNick

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home