Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Where are my bloomers?

Alaska has been like stepping back in time. Saturday when I arrived in Anchorage I was greeted by a very friendly Meena-- who promptly took me to REI to get a better rainshell. I ate clams that night and went running on a trail that took me to the ocean and a huge moose was eating right next to me! I've already seen a grizzly and three black bear. Skagway is the most adorable and beautiful little town. Everything I can walk to in minutes. Then houses are all different colors and the store fronts like something straight out of the 1800s. THe mountains tower over the little valley and the cruise ships just dwarf the place.

5 Comments:

Blogger William Cobb said...

Sounds like a cultural experience. Good luck, and remember... don't pet the baby moose's!!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

AHHHH ANGELA!!! you make me homesick :) i read the alchemist, and LOVED it! i am glad you read it. i think it deserves a re-read on my part. Have fun up there, and post pictures, even though it hurts my heart to see them without me there... ad-venture on my friend.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angpoo

Great description. You are so exotic...Alaska sounds cool. I miss you. I'll send you your bloomers soon, you lef them here in North Carolina, silly!

-Linds

6:39 AM  
Blogger j:) said...

hey I just heard that my old roommate rachel is in Skagway this summer also. Not that you need anyone besides Brian to hang out with...but just thought you'd like to know.

2:24 PM  
Blogger The Gerharts said...

When you find them, post a picture OK? I'd love to see a picture of my little sis in bloomers. Ha! =)

I can't believe the moose, grizzlies and black bears. Amazing. Did you like clams? I can't stand them but then again I haven't have Alaskan ones.

Sounds like you are in a little piece of heaven.

Love you!
Sarah

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home