Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pancakes and People


Me, kori, jo, adam & jens

Deaner and I in the finance lab

This post is dedicated to my most frequent thoughts and occupations (for reasons of privacy, a few have been eliminated). The first was from this past weekend. It was a pancake weekend. We made breakfast pancakes with berries Friday night and Sunday morning-- aslo went climbing at the Quarry. I felt like Jo and I were going to head back to our apartment afterwards and debrief the evening events. I miss her. Saturday I spent the day at work for 8 hours and the rest of the time lamenting my loss and trying to figure out what the Lord wanted of my life.
The second is Lindsey and I studying for Finance 223. Speaking of which, I have a test in today. I tend to spend quite a bit of time in this lab seeing that lindsey and I talk the entire lecture. Our lives really are that interesting. I am planning on bringing my slackline to set up on campus for a mid-day release. I figure if those running for Student Body president can play mandolin on top of a snow mound for five hours and nearly everyone just stares at the ground, I am pretty safe in not drawing undo attention to myself.
The last photo is of my district that just left. Good Elders. I can picture them boldly making contacts and working hard in Argentina. . . the MTC is an escape from the world. And my own thoughts.
Maybe I'll go make banana pancakes for breakfast.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANG!
I'm so sorry about Saturday night. I just barely got your message(for some reason my phone is really slow about that). We didn't finish up our party until 1:30am or so, so we just crashed at one of the sisters' apartments. It sounds like you had a good week-end. I'm so jealous of the missionaries in your districts. You've got to be the coolest MTC teacher ever. I've been looking at the French MA program at BYU for when I graduate. Maybe I'll be down in Provo one day, too. On verra...
Snick

5:09 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

I just wanted to mention that you left Danger Kitty's name out of the caption on the first picture. She's the hairy one in the front. I had fun hanging out with you again. We should do it more often. That thing about someone running for student body president playing the mandolin on top of a snow mound for five hours and people just staring at the ground was very strange. It's good to hear that you're not sick of pancakes.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

I left you a comment yesterday but it got erased! I wish I could have been there for your pancake weekend. I have the best whole wheat blender pancake recipe -- I'll have to make them for you next time you visit! I'd love to learn slacklining, too.

Glad you had fun with your friends and Deener! (cute pictures too)

Love you!
Sarah

10:14 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

you make me hungry for pancakes. which i loved on sunday, by the way. mmm mm good. i miss you! hopefully i can go down to maob while you run the 1/2 there! eh? i am trying to work on that. well, good luck! miss you

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deaner? You girls are crazy. You guys should come to LA sometime. -Ryan & Kie

12:35 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

your post is funny cuz it has deleted info and then references to it in what you left to be posted. rotflol. well, angel-a, you are cool ;)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home