Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Paying homage to Nebo






I'm the one in the green coat






Friday night after my hour nap, I awoke and threw my trail mix and water in my day pack and took off to meet at the ORC. The guide obviously did not want me to go and after some discouraging comments finally relented his female-hiker bais (I decided not to rub it in when I greeted him as he stumbled to the summit. . .oh dear, that was a bit prideful ey?). . .we actually began the trail (which wasn't a trail at all, but rather hiking straight up the mountain) at 2am and summitted at about 11am the next day. It probably could have been done a bit faster, but I was grateful that the pace wasn't grueling. Afterward, we glisaded down the mountain, occasionally pulling a self-arrest with our ice axes (and probably detatching the head of my humerous from the gleniod cavity of the scapula with the momentum) to stay on course. It was a blast, but I was exhausted. I arrived home at 4:30, took a shower and went straight to work bloodshot and sun-burned.


Sunday was amazing. I felt well rested and church was amazing!! Elder Bednar's CES fireside was phenomenal. Afterward I ate dinner with Brian and then headed to Becky's to spend the night with her and Mare. Sweet as.


6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

man angela! i should have called you- i should have gone! maybe we will do it again someday...perhaps sven and brian will take us up it...mt nebo i mean. i was really good to see you the otehr night by the way...youre coming up on the 17th??? yesss....

8:39 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

wow, I'm so impressed that you showed that guy what was up! Girls CAN hike mountains. So it turns out you were in better shape than he? Wow. work it.

That view is amazing, too!

9:42 AM  
Blogger j:) said...

amazing pictures...and nice job with the hike.

6:03 PM  
Blogger SVEN said...

Sven said........
I see you still sport that princeton tec headlamp that has got to be like 10 years old now! Sweet!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Fern said...

Happy, happy birthday, ANGELA dear!
Happy days will come to you all year.
If I had one wish, then it would be
A happy, happy birthday to you from ME!
(and Tyler and Mack too!)
Wow, 24--are we getting old yet?

8:58 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

i enjoyed the story, and also the proper spelling of "glisaded." ;)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home