Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I heard the bells. . . in Tennessee

I'm sitting at the Day's Inn in Clarksville, TN and tomorrow I'll be in St. Louis by noon with the rest of my family for Kevin's wedding. Catherine and Lindsey are fighting over pillows and whisper-arguing (which is getting rather heated for whispers). . . I was exiled to the dusty roll-away cot. Gross. I do wish I were in my green down sleeping bag somewhere in the Appalachian Smokey's.

Christmas was super-fabulous. Catherine, Lindsey and I probably went through about 175 Christmas carols in three hours on Christmas Eve. We went for our Christmas day jog and ate leftovers from our holiday feast the night before. I watched the end of A Christmas Carol and I have decided that with age I have become even more sentimental. I nearly started leaping for joy when Scrooge was allowed to opportunity to correct his terrible attitude and undo the wrongs he had done. It was all I could do hold back the tears. Really that is magnificant! He asks the ghost of Christmas future "is there any way to go back and correct what I've done? Is this a shadow of what will happen, or what may happen?" I feel like I've felt that on a smaller scale before, but it is miraculous that we can be free from the trap of our own mistakes, neglect and disobedience through Christ!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh angela! you are sentimental! haha but we love you anyway. i've been known to get a little sentimental myself now and then... but dont tell anyone :) glad you had a good holiday...good luck at the wedding!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angela- tennessee then st. louis? You have been all over the place this break. Did you know that St. Louis is the most dangerous large city in the U.S.? I am still mad that you haven't tried calling me over this break. How lame.
from: sven

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you guys vacationing in Tennessee??? Our Christmas was really cool this year. The tree was hand-cut by Jo and it was placed in the rounded portion of the living room with windows all around. On Christmas morning it looked like the room was glowing all around the tree, highlighting the presents and tree lights. Tolman was here and he sang "Baby it's Cold Outside" with Jo. It was an awesome day that day; one of the best Christmas day's I can remember. And, to make things even better, our presents were pretty cool :)

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home