Monday, November 13, 2006

time in pieces

The snow is slowing covering the moutains and making its way down to the valley. It looks beautiful. On mornings like this, there is a quiter mood on campus-- like we should be talking in whispers because everyone looks like they just got out of bed.

I feel like words have been sucked right out of my mouth-- most of the time I don't know what to say or write. As a matter of fact, I wander around for much of the day lost in irrational thoughts and daydreams. Living intermitently. I find it hard to do any one task completely and fully. I feel like I'm loosing the beautiful balance I had at the beginning of the semester. . . and the funny thing is, I don't care. . . well, almost. I don't think I can live like this much longer.

Yesterday was so filling. My Relief Society here is wonderful. When I left church, I felt like I was on the road to Demascus and saying, "did not our hearts burn within us?" I felt that fire again, just like I needed, to make the changes for this week.

Weekend update:
After church, Matt and his brother and sister, Cherise and Chaela came over and we made pizzas and ate apple crisp. I liked it. Saturday, Matt and I went to Target and talked all day until I had work and then after work we went disco skating. On Friday, I worked and went to the temple. Then Matt and I went to a service date (which I admit could have been more effective if I hadn't instigated a marker war-- which I won BTW). And then we went with Jason and Casey to watch a movie in the mountains (I think I saw ten minutes. . . I fell totally asleep).

7 Comments:

Blogger tolman said...

you and matt seem to be doing a lot together , this is good , go angela . dont worry about not caring , i dont care about wroking three jobs any more so in quieting one mainly cause i dont want to work there any more the pay isent worth it and they wanted me to shave, but know im way excited about all the free time im going to have...

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi angela. for words now just getting sucked out of your mouth, they sound pretty good. It also sounds like you're turning into my mother! Ha ha, but I know that's not true.
Your weekend sounded like tons of fun :) pizza's, apple crisp, discos, mountains and movies...cool! I'm glad you tell us about what you and Matt do. Most of the time you keep the "guys" in your life on the DL. But I was just wondering why you missed most of the movie? ...oh, you were sleeping...ok, thanks for clearing that up. Well, I'll see you next week!

2:44 PM  
Blogger M.climb said...

Angela, You don't have to be me for a weekend you Live the life you want and have a different kinds of amazing weekends. I am stunded by your spritual fortitude. Yes, I just used fortitude.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you fell asleep eh? riiiight. i know how that goes. haha just kidding- loved the post. marcus- nice job with the word fortitude. i was going to use it, but you got to it first...

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!

I liked how you took us from a description of the snow slowly and softly covering the mountains and drifting into your moment back in time one day, then two, then three.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you are in love =) I love that feeling of being so happy with someone that all the balance is gone and you feel like it just can't last. Kind of like the snow, covering all imperfections so starkly and beautifully that you can't help but be lost in it for a while.

Sarah

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of balance, i turned over a new leaf this semester and bought a weekly planner. i thought i'd hardly use it but i've found it to definitely be worth its weight. then with the "7 Habits Seminar" i really felt balanced. but now i just bought a bass guitar and suddenly things are out of balance. ahh, change is nice.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, that last anon. comment was me.
-WBC

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home