Sunday, October 29, 2006

I should be a Luna Bar sponser

Friday night was great. After spending an hour with some of my favorite people in the WORLD [Jo, Mary, Kori, Becky, Jared (jo's b-f)], Becky and I said, "adios" and headed up American Fork canyon. . . leaving city lights and doubt behind us. We found a little pull-off up the canyon and a trail that went up the side of one of the smaller mountains in the Uintas (behind mount Timp). It was already dark, so we layered up and strapped on our packs. We ended up summitting this little mountain and found a perfect little flat spot to lay down our tarp and sleeping bags. The next morning we got up before the sun and headed back down the canyon as the sun rose. We got back and made whole wheat with blueberries and shared healthy recipes.

It was really empowering. Just the two of us women hiking. I thought, "this is what I want to do for the rest of my life." I just need good friends close by who will pick up and go (FYI: Becky, for all of you who don't know her, is from Utah and is living at home preparing to go on a mission. She is the one that runs/swims with me every morning at 6:15).

After that, I went running and rescued (or sentenced to death) two little kittens.

And then Matt. So Matt. Well. Matt. Hmmm. Matt. We'll just leave it at that. Don't really know what to say other than I probably shouldn't make my dating life a public matter.

13 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

i am jealous of your night escapade. i feel like i dont do things like that much anymore...i dont know why, but i jsut feel like its been too long since i just got out like that.
and you are so funny.

9:23 PM  
Blogger tolman said...

i love people who live this way good for you to , and beckys way cool shes defenetly part of the group tell her that.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo! Cliffhanger!

I guess I am definitely not in the group. Times they a changin'. Because what do I want to do with the rest of my life?? Be strapped down with around 5 kids not able to go anywhere without it being a huge ordeal requiring weeks of strategy and careful planning! :)

ahh, kittens! Cute, until they become cats.

8:58 AM  
Blogger tolman said...

thanks angela same to you , i think that is a good way to see what kind of people we are dateing to man or women , the cool thing is you can do it with bolth sex's the only problem is most wimen are all ready there.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about this "Matt" character. I don't think I like him.
-your mom

4:20 PM  
Blogger Randy Row said...

Hey what's up... why don't we ever get together to share healthy recipes any more?? jk. Nice to see you the other day. Hope you're loving the Beck.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

y'know i'm getting sick of this "healthy wheat cereal with blueberries" thing... every morning that's all i hear you talk about. I'm eating cocoa pebbles dangit!

anyways, glad you rescued the kittens. Rexburg is getting pretty cold, i don't think i would want to be hiking in it right now.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to be anonymous for some reason it won't let me post as myself

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good story, fun adventure. now i want to go hiking and camping, but alas, i need to type my paper. there is always tommorrow though. keep workin' out you two, you're awesome

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm jealous of all of your adventures...that you have people around that will up and go camping/hiking/running/
swimming with you. I love you lots!
-Cath
ps: I DID get work off, so I'm definitely coming for gracias-giving!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, everytime I eat my breakfast, I think of you and your whole-wheat cereal and blueberries.
-Cath

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what's up with Matt? I'm going to call you right now...I bet you're with him...you should let me talk to him.
-Cath

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man angela! I think you definitely take the cake when it comes to comments. We should hang out.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home