Monday, October 23, 2006

Mixed feelings for Monday


I am supposed to be in class but this morning after I went running with Becky, I discovered a rats nest had developed in my hair as I had run. It took 20 minutes of serious work to get that thing untangled. . . but honestly I knew I wasn't going to go to class this morning from the minute I woke up. I just didn't feel like being in a rush. So, here I am listening to "Shaken by a low Sound," eating my wheat.

Can I tell you how much fun it is to teach at the MTC? Everyday I feel like I live in a whirlwind of cosas and suddenly when I get there and walk in, all of the 12 elders stand up and and a chorus of smiling faces chants: "Buenas Dias Hermana Hatch!" Every worry or concern that I have pressing on my shoulders suddenly lifts. I forget about time, I forget about life, I forget about me.

This weekend was good. Played frisbee golf, went to "Spectacular" (all of the dance and choral performers best numbers), went to a tea party (enrichment), the homecoming football game (thanks randy)! a spanish study group, MTC, a "haunted" boat ride, went out for ice cream and had a meeting with Elder Ballard.

10 Comments:

Blogger tolman said...

elder ballard, lucky , angela you have the best job remember that , id triad any day.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

ummm angela. are you ever going to come to youre homeland of idaho? ot are you just going to forget about us and everything we had up here? (uuhhh sorry to leave a negative post on your amazing weekend post. the point was not to dampen, but to express this: i miss you)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

ps angela is that picture you? its weird!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello "Sun-Star-Sailor"! You're pic reminded me of a Japenese animA (no idea how to spell that).
Guess who has a blog now! Check out bedke.com

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops!
bedke.blogspot.com
but you probably could of figured that out.....

6:51 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ang,

THE Elder Ballard? What for? Just you and he? Wow.

I like the picture. How did you take it / color it?

Sarah

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a cool pic of yourself, better than the one i put up i suppose. did you do it yourself?

and, was it weird the first time you walked into work and everybody stood up to say your name, or did you force them to do that on your own?

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. do you know this person?
http://www.trabajandoporlapaz.blogspot.com/

10:13 PM  
Blogger M.climb said...

Angela, I think you are amazing for how commited you are to you beliefs. After our road trip to pocatello and the conversations we had I realize that you are a very dedicated person who will surelly listen to someones opinions and express you own and not try to force any sort of issue you will just put it out there to be taken for what it is worth. That is pretty cool.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you just threw in "and had a meeting with Elder Ballard" along with eating ice cream and going to a Haunted house. Your life is so great! I miss you TONSarito! That picture that Emanuel made you is pretty cool...a little freaky for some reason, but pensive-like, I suppose. Thanks for being you, babe!
-Cath

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home