Tuesday, September 26, 2006

my Biology 101 run

Yesterday I went running along the Provo River trail. When I got to the 1/2 mile marker, a chubby blonde girl and this uber-fit red-t-shirt-guy turned around and started running toward me. They looked at me with fear in their eyes (especially the chubby blonde girl who looked actually quite frantic) and said, "watch out for the crazy racoon!" I heard this shrill noice and looked about 30 feet in front of me on the trail at this psycho-looking racoon. I thought that maybe I could dodge it, seeing that I only had a 1/2 mile to the lake and I really wanted to get there, but everytime I made a move, so did the racoon. Then, it started to run toward me at full speed making that really strange noise. Needless to say, I took off running as fast as I could, looking back every few feet to make sure that the coon hadn't caught up to me. It seemed that everytime I got faster, so did he (not to mention his crazy grin)!! Finally there was a enough distance between us for me to catch my breathe and laugh about the situation. My amusement didn't last long b/c suddenly I felt something wet hit my forehead. Confusing it for a large bug, I automatically hit my head, only to feel a glob of bird-poo. The whole time my joints were stiff and my legs felt like lead with every pound of pavement. Not exactly the peaceful escape I was looking for, but it was certainly one of my more epic runs.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

BAHAHAHAHA that is so funny angela! i wish i could have been there to watch that all go down.

11:14 AM  
Blogger j:) said...

Angela...you crack me up!!! I love blog posts that make me laugh out loud while I'm in the office. I also want to hear about your canyoneering trip.

12:38 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

Hey i didn't know your runs were so exciting, we should go sometime! until then, keep dodgin' the birds.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Randy Row said...

sounds like you need to stop jogging through the zoo!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh out loud! That's crazy funny! Working with immunizations, I feel that I should recommend that you get a rabies shot!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the next time you mess with my raccoon there will be more than just bird poop on your head, little lady. i have guns that shoot bird poop, llama poop, and caveman poop at people. yeah, so dont mess with the 'coon.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home