Wednesday, September 06, 2006

GO cougars??!

My teacher for News Writing looks just like Jeneane Garafalo (the girl with thick black hair and bangs and really red lipstick from 'Reality Bites') and her energy for Journalism is incredible. It's strange b/c I usually dred the assignments in classes, but I can't wait for our mock press conferences and one hour article deadlines. And I'm taking Research and Eval with Bro Tanaguchi, who is the first professor in the RMYL program que me cae bien (falls well with me). I am almost done with the program!!!

I feel like I've been just hitting these little obstacles again and again. Nobody here wants me to succeed! I went to the Spanish office yesterday and they immediately told me that I'd need to be in 206 spanish instead of 321 b/c I served state-side. Insisting that LA was not exactly "state-side" they told me to take the placement test which I passed in 16 minutes and placed me in 321 with the rest of the RMs from south of the border. I feel like I constantly have to prove myself. . . a bit of an ego crusher, actually and so I'm feeling quite humbled.

Had a mini-mission reunion last night. Ran into a few of the Elders on campus and then that night we all got together (including two of my comps) and I planned for all of us to hike timp on saturday at 5:00am. At least now I won't have to ride my bike to the base.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANT YOU TO SUCCEED! (but I'm not there, so maybe that doesn't count...)What does RMYL stand for??
By the way, I don't think that bit about constantly having to prove yourself goes away any time soon. :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

hey angela. good to hear you try and prove yourself and it actually works. Don't give up, you will change the world one day.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

wow your friends really belive in you. thats great. well i do too. aaaand i will see you TODAY how bout? love you

9:04 AM  
Blogger j:) said...

I know it's probably wrong to use angelas comment area like this, but this comment is actually for Fern. Fern, for some reason I can't make a comment on your blog. I've tried seriously like 10 times and all I get is a "sorry your request cannot be completed at this time" So all I wanted to say was that I think Mack's bib is awesome; I hate money too; and I really want some of those tacos.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, girl, you didn't even tell me you were hiking TIMP! If anyone knows how to snag a ride, it's you. I'm jealous you're having sister time without me, but glad that you're doing well.
-Cath

10:11 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

angela your comment made me laugh. Thanks for being such a good friend. I talked to Marcus and he said he'd come up for the pump and give you a ride. Woo hoo!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home