Thursday, August 17, 2006

Oh, it's nothing really

Yesterday was sa-weet! Deaner and I (lindsey) have been chillin' ever since she went chipmunk style and got her wisdom teeth out last week. She finished her job and now I have the chance to do any non-impact-eating-soft-foods-only activity I want. Yesterday it was a cloudy cool morning (rare in the Carolinas) and a bit breezy, so we pulled out the inflatable kayak and headed over to the lake. . .our only disturber yesterday was a sailing class. It was beautiful! I put my swim cap and goggles on and started making my way across the lake through the green water. . .following lindsey on the kayak. I hadn't really noticed that the wind was blowing in my favor as I swam across, but when I turned to swim back it was definitely treadmill style.

Last night I went to the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. I've never tasted salmon and red peppers quite that good before. I even ate a little octopus (with all of it's tiny legs) without flinching (last time I tried on my mission, I screamed by accident and ended up tossing it across the entire restaurant. . .much to the embarrassment-- or amussment really-- of Raquel y Rex). I also sent a package to the sisters on my mission. I've almost been home an entire transfer! Wowzers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like creepy

11:08 AM  
Blogger j:) said...

wow angela, you're pretty hard core swimming behind kayaks and eating octopus! All I did today was clean the house and eat ice cream sandwiches.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what's this restaurant? I like your description of the swim...you should look into something with english or journalism for sure. I'm SO PUMPED TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ok, with all those exclamation points, I feel like I'm in 6th grade again! By the way, I think the plane will be timed just perfectly...I'm packing everything tonight so that I can just head straight from the tri to the airport (smelly, lake hair and all).

12:08 PM  
Blogger Fern said...

Good little chat! Karly and Kody finished packing up everything while I was on the phone with you! Really nice--or--Really ready to see me go??hmmmmm:)
My heart goes out to linds. Hearing about that stuff makes me soooo glad I never had wisdom teeth (sly gloat, hehe).
Yumm, sounds like calamari! Love it! Good for you for eating one that actually looked like an octopus!
fern
ps. have you ever seen that seinfeld where elaine breaks up with a guy over grammer (exclamation points)? because I'm reminding myself of it right now!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home