Monday, September 04, 2006

Cambios

SO, I'm back in Provo. It's been non-stop "What's your name? Oh really? So where are you from? And you served where?" I must have met like 300 people in the last two days. Cherise (my comp from the MTC who I'm living with) still isn't here, but I think I'm going over to apt 9 to fix up my i-pod and then bike to DI to get a fitted sheet (I know, that's disgusting) and hangers.

IDAHO was so nice. It felt good to be out of cars, money and material and just soak up the 'emptiness' of it all. I think I felt more at home in Idaho than anywhere else I've been since I've been home. The crisp air, the smell of dust, the huge Cottonwoods and firs, the smell of smoke from the campfire. . . I feel like I belong there. I fit there. Here in Provo, I feel like I'm playing a part. I have been asking everyone if they like hiking or know anyone who does, but they all seem like "movie people." I prayed about it though, and I'm confident I'll find someone who will camp with me on a tuesday and ride down in the am for class.

signed: bikeless and multing

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

oh angela...you KNOW what i am going to say...COME BACK TO IDAHO!! are you just going to let me live with your best friend and you be down in provo? gawsh. well, i will be up through there on thursday probly for a couple days, so i will call your cell phone! hehe you have an IPOD? no fair! love me

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUENOS DIAS ANHELA--
What! Multing?? What does this mean? You know when DI fails (due to ickyness) you can always check out Ross for a sheet. That's one thing that is WAY cheaper here- sheets. I miss you STILL! You'd love it here! Maybe if we set up some charity people could donate to...maybe the "Send Angela Packing Foundation"??

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angela - Have fun in PROVO!!! Ha ha.

-Ryan

1:51 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

are you saying that you prayed for someone to go camping with you on tuesday? now that's spiritual dedication.

i'll probably be in Utah helping my parents on the weekends during this semester, do you want to go rock climbing then?

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when do you own an i-pod? I wonder how many other college students have used those same sheets?

Um, I think you should move to Seattle. I would camp and hike with you on a daily basis and we wouldn't even have to be back for class! :)
-Cath (I can never remember my username and password)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home