Monday, September 11, 2006

I am not an "Angie"

I have to admit something. I really miss trying to save the world. . . and I'm not kidding. I felt that same rush of peace and joy pass over me yesterday. That same desire to live righteously and save the world that I had felt time after time on my mission. Last night Elder Eyring said in his sincere manner that he did not want us to be "decieved or overcome" in these last days-- and that the only safeguard against deception and being overcome is by staying close to the Holy Ghost. He said that the Holy Ghost is felt when we are serving others and magnifying our callings -- that it purifies our desires and makes us want to be more obedient and kind. That is pure truth and I felt it as he talked. His talk passed right through my ears, stayed in my throat for a bit and eventually made it's way throughout my entire self. That is really all I want. . . for all of us to stay close to the Holy Spirit and to make it.

The bishop called me last night and put me in charge of FHE for the entire ward. So basically I'm in charge of planning a ward activity alone on a $30 budget in 6 hours with no car. At least my bike has that sweet collapse-able basket on the side.

I am so sick of french toast. I have eaten it for the last three meals in a row.

I am taking 17 credits. All I know is that I know nothing. Socrates knew what was up.

I am volunteering at the prision-- teaching them computer skills so that they can get their GED

I am waiting for a letter that better come today.

I am in love with my 'North Star la Luna' bike.

I have a toe that looks like a dried blueberry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

ang thanks for that comment! (on my blog i mean) i am glad i am a sharpie, because you would be one of my sharpies too. i was really sad leaving last night. it was strange. i didnt really want to say bye to people, even though it was not permanent. but good luck in provo- people like you save the world by the way.

2:02 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

hey angie, uh sorry, i'll stick to the preferred "Angel-A"

here's some cheap advice...
1. if you're sick of french toast, then don't eat it.
2. you don't deserve a hand-written letter
3. blueberry toes are kinda like blueberry pancakes... they both look gross and blue, but still taste good (i dare you to eat your toenail).
4. if the prison guard asks you to go see a puppy that he keeps in his van out back, don't do it. it's a trick.

10:43 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

angela you are awesome.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you, Ang! You spread cheer wherever you go, and you do have the Spirit with you. I loved your thoughts. Wish I could have heard the talk that you did . . . I love Elder Eyring's talks.

I love french toast, but isn't it a little bland for three meals in a row? Try putting a little chili pepper in it next time.

How did you get a blueberry toe by the way?

And where did you get your bike?

Sarah

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home