Wednesday, September 20, 2006

time is elusive

So after reading mary's gentle scolding I decided that I had better post.

I don't think I've been so busy in my entire life. The last three days have been NON-stop from 6am to 11 or 12 at night. I have started highlighting my planner and adding extra sheets to remember everything I have to do (granted my "planner" IS a sheet of paper).

So, I know most of you know this b/c you were there, but I want the rest of you to know how cool this past weekend was! I got a chance to go up to the Pocatello Pump rock climbing competition in Idaho. . . pretty much everyone I know was actually IN it (so I don't know that many people) and they rocked it (shout out to Mare who took 2nd and Jo for her power-move up the 5-12). We camped the night before in between the train-tracks and the huge rock slab where they had set up about 75 climbs for the comp. After it was over, we headed over to the park, went slack-lining and ate a bunch of food before I headed back down to Provo.

Since then, every second of my time has been occupied. I am pretty excited because I started my first day at the MTC today! I got the job I wanted as a spanish teacher. They called me in for my 2nd interview on Monday and then yesterday they called and offered me the position-- WOO HOO! I feel such an energy to be able to continue doing missionary work in totally different level! Just talking to the few missionaries there today and encouraging them to make the most of the adventure that awaits them was so thrilling! All the fresh new "Preach My Gospels" and smiling faces that practice, "Yo voy a ensenar una leccion. . . " Nope. There's nothing quite like being back in the MTC.

So, I'm going rock climbing in a few hours (well, actually it's raining and really bad weather, so we'll see) with a friend of a guy in one of my classes that said I would be great for his friend. I talked to him last night (another one of these blind things. . . sick)-- and he grew up IN the Grand Canyon. His dad was in charge of the park and now he's in charge of the one in Hawaii. . .so even if he turns out to be less than dateable, at least it's a sweet connection, no?

5 Comments:

Blogger j:) said...

oooo, the first one to post. Sort of refreshing. You didn't even tell me about your other interviews and the fact that you got the job!! In the words of Rusty "Nice Harvest!"
Oh, and thanks for the shout out about the 5-12. Blind dates can be fun. Just think of it as making new friends...friends with sweet hook ups! Once again - nice harvest. I know you are busy, but you have to keep posting so I can stay up to date in your life.
In answer to your question about the boots; if I can find them in the right color, size and for under $100 they're mine.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

ahhh i jsut posted and it didnt work. lame. Well, congrats on the mtc., thanks for posting! good luck on this busy life thing. as you can tell by my blog, i have jsut the opposite of that...a NOT busy life. but a fun one, so i cant complain. love you. good luck with grand canyon guy. i will have becky call you to hang out.

4:35 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

i've never taught at the mtc, but i would imagine the experience being sor t of like "the other side of the fence" since now you're the R.M.

la pocatello pump es mucho gusto, no? it was like a week long vacation. i put pics on my blogger blog. rabbitstick is this week so by next week i plan to have all the pics available. hasta la vista, baby.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the post Angela! -Ryan

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Ang! You are miss adventure-dating-living! I want to do more whenever I read your blog! I'm proud of you for getting the job at the MTC! This guy that grew up in the Grand Canyon sounds cool...how did it go?
-Cath

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home