Monday, October 09, 2006

achieving Equilibrium





















First photo is my roommate (and former MTC comp) CHERISE and I. She's one of the most friendly, genuinely nice people I've ever met.


Eric, Craig and me (in that order)-- on our hike. I thought a lot of dad and his adventures. I was walking around his old stomping grounds!

I'm sitting in the computer lab of the Lee Library in my quilted vest (it looks literally like a pink quilt) and I am sore. I've been up for three hours now. I feel so good. I love the way the sun hits the mountains in the morning! so Becky is great. . . every morning she comes over at like 6:15 and we go running or swimming. This morning as we ran towards Utah lake, Orian was still out hunting and the moon was bright. On our way back, the sun was starting to peak over the mountains. I made some whole wheat cereal with blueberries, walnuts and soymilk and then booked it to class. Just to make my morning even better, class ended 20 minutes early.

This weekend was perfect! Friday it was pouring, but quite warm. I went with Brian to Hansen's and we went climbing indoors. Then we went to his house and ate PB. Afterward we headed over to the Planetarium. I loved it. Did you know that Orian is fighting Taurus the bull who has captured the Seven Sisters? The next morning I got up at 5:45 to go hiking with Craig and Eric. We hiked up through the firs and aspens. There was a little snow, but it didn't stop them from running down, so I scurried along too. I felt like a deer, jumping around every corner and leaping over rocks. Then I came back, got dressed and walked to the MTC. I got to teach them to testify in spanish!! When I got home, I tried to clean up my room but ended up dancing to Beck and then fell asleep in a tired heap, ready for Sunday.

7 Comments:

Blogger tolman said...

way to sound positive , and one question when you said you started dancing to beck , are you speeking of beck the sond writer and artice ?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

haha tolman i love the spelling...its always an adventure to figure out what you mean...haha
angela- glad you had a great weekend. becky is great huh? i knew you two would get along. i miss running on that provo city trail with you! when you write about it i get these images of back in the daY WHEN we would run there. love it. have a good week!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey angela! I feel like we haven't talked in a while. Utah sounds like it's a lot more fun than you thought it would be at first. It makes me miss living so close to the mountains (even though I was only there for a few months). Well, keep up the good job of "achieving equilibrium" for some reason hearing about it from you makes me feel like I'm doing it to.
-jo

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a wheat grinder today, Angela, and I'm going to try your breakfast! Sounds deliciously healthy. I love the picture of you guys pausing from your hike. You sound happy and well! Tengo animo verte en Diciembre!

Hasta luego,
Sarah

9:51 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

well, nice to hear how positive things have been going for you. i went long boarding today... by myself. then i napped at the park... by myself. but there's one thing i always do with other people... go to class.

so yeah, i've got cool stuff in my life too. and don't forget my job, a whopping 7 bucks an hour to market the entire outdoor program at BYUI. yep, college life is teaching me to do more with less. and i'm all the better person for it.

so keep running, Angel A, and i'll keep waking up each morning to stretch a little and then head off to another school day.

i hope you continue having wonderful days. i mean that.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're life is so balanced...physically, socially and spiritually. That's great! Who is Becky? What hike did you go on with Craig and Eric? I can't believe there's snow already! It was good to talk to you for a few minutes today.
-Cath

9:54 PM  
Blogger Hammy said...

You are one active lass. Look at all the crazy stuff that you do. That is awesome. Also in response to your comment I guess that we can be friends as long as you think that I am cool enough to hangout with you and the rest of the crew. Well I will talk to you later.
Tim

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home