Wednesday, October 04, 2006

a Mountain or a molehill

Knowledge is cumulative. It never ends and more of it can always be acquired. It's the one thing that can be taken in without moderation or temperance. We can binge on it without guilt and without it we are weak. It is the glory of God. When we truly know something, it weaves itself within us and cannot be seperated from us. When someone teaches us, it fills our minds. When the spirit teaches us, it fills our hearts and enlightens our minds. It binds what our mind understands to senitments of our heart. I believe it can even bind to us true theories, formulas, ideas etc. Our quest is to obtain truth and speak truth. I want to be a teacher of truth.

Yesterday at the MTC I talked over the phone to a boy named Justin. I told him God had called a prophet for us now-- in this day. . . That I knew it. I had spent the entire weekend listening to his voice and the voice of the Apostles of Christ. I asked him to find out this truth for himself. This alone will take our molehill of knowledge and make it into a mountain.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abinadi referred to a definition of wisdom in this way:

"Ye have not applied your hearts to understanding; therefore, ye have not been wise." -- Mosiah 12: 27

The application of hearts to knowledge -- to that binding of mind and heart which "weaves itself within us" -- is wisdom.

This "application of our hearts" can also perhaps be thought of as charity:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." -- 1 Cor 13

These are random thoughts and I haven't quite solidified the connections between them, but I throw them out there . . .

Sarah

9:20 PM  
Blogger tolman said...

angela love it , i love reading your blog cause it remindes me of my mission so much and i would give anything to be back there , i bet you feel the same , youve got one of the best jobs out there , and thank you for somthing to ponder for the day.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

youre so deep. i have to read this a couple times...haha

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this quote on a mint with my tacos yesterday and it reminded me of your post...No todos los viejos son sabios, ni todos los sabios son viejos.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome post! I love your thoughts on truth. Isn't it inspiring to be a participant in this quest for truth called life? I always love to think about the power of truth to transform feelings and thoughts and our very natures.
-Cath

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home