Saturday, October 14, 2006

Annie up . . .

Heaven help me. I have given in. For the first time since 1:30 pm on Thursday, I have no obligation within the next ten minutes. It feels wonderful (except for my red-eyes and aching throat). . . I feel like I've given my resume one too many times this weekend. So three dates, 10 hours at the MTC and 24-hours later this is it:

Glen: Cody, WY. He's from my ward and all the girls say he does everything from killing Elk with a bow and arrow to sewing. I got home at 1:30am. 7 am the next morning I was up and getting ready to go biking with. . .

Matt: Tampa, FL. Biked to Utah lake until noon. Met him in my spanish class. Seemed unsure about the whole wheat cereal, but was a good sport; ate it all and told me he liked it. I suppose that's a good sign (plus I think he's cute).

Allen: Tucson, AZ. Works at the MTC. Soccer player and likes to talk. An easy conversation, but uneasy feeling in my stomach. Walked to Center St. and ate cilantro quesadillas. He is sincere and kind, but I could feel the age gap growing with the size of my stomach.

Brian: Grand Canyon, AZ. Would have been satisfied going to the grocery store, folding laundry and hiking up the canyon eating almonds and rasins.

6 Comments:

Blogger tolman said...

Angela form the sound of it I think your secretly liking this hole dating thing . But if not you shouldn’t treat it like is some big , bag horrible thing. My mission and stake president said when I got home that getting baptized , for men receiving the priesthood , getting endowed , and going on a mission , these are all steps we are taking in our spiritual growth and then we come home from our mission and just kind of plan out until we come to crowning step of eternal marriage, it’s the crowning and final ordinance that we need to finally receive that fullness of joy.
So don’t look at dating as such a ugly thing but realize that the less you do it and or the more you fight it , your just slowing down your full spiritual growth , don’t plan out keep stepping up the ladder, I maid that mistake I didn’t date for all most a year after I got home what a lot of waited time .
Have fun and go get them!!!!!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow angelo what a little playa! So do they all know you're dating them back to back! Ha ha. At least things aren't boring. Don't forget to get some sleep though. You know how things can get when one is tired.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

oh angela. of course all you have to do is DECIDE to date and you have fifty guys lined up. hottie boom bottie! haha good luck with them all, be that little dater we knwo you are! PS is this brian guy sven's almost climbing partner, that was supposed to go to patagonia with him? just wondering..

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey--way to date
btw, I don't have your email address. so if you'd like to send it on my way, that'd be great.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are funny vignettes! So much to learn from each guy you meet.

One of my favorite cold fall dates was a concert or play at the Sundance theater in the side of the mountain. Peter B was big when I was at BYU, but there's always someone fun to listen to up there and it's gorgeous.

Sarah

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're giving into dating...although don't say I didn't warn you. It can be no fun sometimes...a necessary evil, I suppose. It's amazing the variety of people out there. Sorry, I'm being pessimistic. I love you and miss you dearly!
-Cath

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home