Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm wearing my sweat-stained Carhart hat. I love this hat.

So the other day I was heading to work on my bike, riding up the twisty sidewalk that goes above the road. When I turned the corner, I saw 10 feet in front of me another biker-- we made eye contact, let out some odd noise and then crashed as hard as we could into eachother. I flew back and my bike landed on top of me, and he toppled forward and nearly landed on top of me as well. I immediately examined my bike; everything was okay. Then I took a look at him-- disheaveled and a bit cross-- his rim bent and his watch broken and in pieces on the sidewalk. It makes me laugh everytime I remember the funny face he made and the awkward noise right before we crashed.

Life at the Y is going well. It has been so fun exersizing in the morning! I love it! But something besides the rain is dampening our parade. Becks just informed me that she got a job at 7am. . .blast! I haven't told her yet that I signed us up for the woman's three on three Intramurals b-ball team (behold, a ray of sunshine)!

I am going to have a cook-a-thon tonight. Lentil soup, homemade bread, granola and hummus. I can't wait. Tuesday night and wednesday are like the weekend b/c I don't have work. The weather is changing and getting colder but I'm having a hard time retiring my chacos. . . time to pull out the wool socks.

6 Comments:

Blogger tolman said...

retier choacos what is that ? and you should have asked that guy you hi on the bike to go on a date , i so thought thats where that story was headed

3:34 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

LOVE the bike story...that made me laugh so hard. and the fact that the guy was mad! AHHAHA! glad you and becks are having fun....basketball huh? i wish i could play with you kids! what is beckys job? good luck with your food! i wish i could eat some. and i wish you were here. and this is getting long. mis syou

10:33 PM  
Blogger Hammy said...

Hey Angela. What the heck is going on. Other than the fact that you are having a grand old time. What an adventure with the bikes. That was awesome. I would have laughed and laughed. I mean really what else can you do in that situation? If I had been that guy I probably would have tried to make it up to you by taking you out to hot chocolate or something stupid like that. Well anyways have fun and take care.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so is it just me or is anybody else bothered that MARY thinks it's funny that the guy broke his watch and has a bent rim?

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy that you now have 4 boyfriends and that you are safe after that head on collision. You must be very busy since you haven't updated your blog in a while. I have an essay about chacos I'd like you to read. I will email it to you. Great happy day
-sven

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're living life to it's fullest...that's pretty funny about the bike. Is there a reason why you don't ride on the road? Do you wear a helmet? If not, you really should consider it. I wonder how that guy would recall his side of the story!! haha.
I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. Lentil soup sounds like fun. I miss you mucho mucho!
-Cath

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home