Monday, November 06, 2006

posting progress

It's amazing what we can accomplish when we learn to discipline ourselves. I need to look ahead at what I want to accomplish and then set guidelines for myself. I really want to be educated rather than just get an education. I want to live the WofW with exactness-- go to bed early, wake up early; monitor what I put into my body. I want to thrist after righteousness. I want to develop new skills and use them to help others. I often find myself wondering what kind of person I want to become in the next month or year, and then evaluate what I am doing to reach that. . . I love the docterine of eternal progression (which is pretty obvious by the nature of my ridiculously introspective posts). Of not just knowing, but becoming something. This morning I went swimming. I lost count of my laps and got lost in these thoughts as I felt the water cut along side of me.

I'm taking French horn again. I'm in the University Orchestra for next semester.

I am going to learn human anatomy.

I going to be a better Visiting Teacher. . . I am going to pray for those girls every night.

I want to acostarme a las 11 y levantarme a las 6.

I want to invest in snowshoes and really warm running gear.

I am going to write in my journal experiences, ideas and stories that inspire me.

I am reading President Hinkley's biography. I realized how his life is full of simple acts of kindness and love, of consistent and constant obedience to small things, his love for education and his faith in the Lord in conquering problems. He became an extraordinary person because he steadily moved in the right direction. It really is that simple.

7 Comments:

Blogger tolman said...

thanks for reminding me angela

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

wow. well i sometimes have similar thoughts, but you seem to act on yours :)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me: ring-ring, ring-ring
You: sorry, blah blah, leave a message
Me: sad face :(

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Ang, you totally hit some things that I've been thinking about lately...like I said on the phone...the process of having the law WRITTEN on our HEARTS...the process of becoming. It is truly a journey of deliberate steps of resolution and faith. Thanks for your example.
-Cath

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot a few things on your list:
1. I am going to learn the napolean dynamite dance
2. I am going to combine my love of bass fishing and exercise into new sport: Bassercize
3. I am going to correct the typo in my Def Leopard tattoo
4. I am going to shower sven with compliments 2 times a day

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous comments are sooo creepy!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey angel a, are you going through a post-missionary crisis?

well, these are awesome things. fyi, just from hearing of the stuff you do on a daily basis i am always impresses with your ability to achieve. truly a blessing you have.

repetitiveness is a law of learning. whenever i make goals like these and write them down i realize i've made them before and forgotten, but that doesn't mean i should give up, it just means i need to repeat the process until that goal is truly learned. never giving up is the only way to overcome our toughest trials.

WBC

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home