Monday, January 22, 2007

awake in winter

This weekend was SOO much fun. Friday, right after work I hurried over and rented snowshoes and then got my gear together, ran over to my sisters and then we booked it over to Brian's. About 25 of us headed down to the mountains (about an hour south of provo) and then hiked through the snow under the most amazing night sky I've seen since Fall of 03. The cabin was pretty rustic but large, and was surrounded by forest on all sides except for directly behind the cabin there was a HUGE hill. We cut down a few dead trees in the forest and hauled them in. We stayed up late talking and the next morning I woke up to whole wheat pancakes, eggs, breakfast burritos and orange juice.

Then we headed outside and I got on a snowboard for the first time in three years. It felt soooo cool!! I felt a little rusty, but I realized how much I missed it. I talked to Brian about going up to Jackson and Targee sometime this semester.

On Feb. 3rd I'm going to hike Mt. Nebo. It's the hightest peak in Utah and it will be my first "mountaineering" attempt (crampons, ice axe. . .etc). I'm a little nervous b/c I'm the only girl out of about 10.

I feel so blessed. I've had a recent re-revelation (i'm sure I've received it before and forgotten) that Heavenly Father wants what we want. He wants us to accomplish our dreams, not sacrifice them. He's on our side and he is looking out for us. I've really felt that lately. . . daily. I just feel so blessed!!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Gerharts said...

Your night at the cabin sounds like so much fun, Angela! How neat that Lindsey could come, too. When you get some pictures, I'd love to see the snow, you showboarding, and you guys just having a great time!

Sarah

7:46 PM  
Blogger tolman said...

that sounded and sounds like a blast i wish i could have gone , and could go but alasss i have my own adventues to hit up .

7:23 AM  
Blogger Fern said...

Sounds like it was a nice little intimate gathering just 25 of your closest and dearest friends:).
So, no to Peru that fast huh? I guess I'm not surprised, you gotta do what you gotta do. Are you still interested in pursuing paying internships outside the country or is your mind pretty much made up?
Mt. Nebo huh? I don't want to hear anymore whining about your busyness Missy!:) You love your 'exciting' life and you know it.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

ahhh that sounds pretty sweet angela! i am glad you got back onto a snowboard. its a little bit of heaven eh? :) i cant wait til you come up to targhee one day (if you ever really DO come back to us...) and i may go to utah this weekend??? waht are you doing?

5:07 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

so i'm in cali and it's disappointing that rock climbing spots are hard to find, or you have to drive a long way to get to them. on the bright side, it's 65 degrees and i'm glad i'm here.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to realize that the Lord is on our side! What a comfort.

Your snowboarding weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I were there to join in the fun. Your breakfast threw me off, though... what happened to the whole wheat cereal and walnuts??? :)
-Cath

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home