Monday, March 19, 2007

Making the most of Moab



This weekend was out of control fun. I would love to write all about it, but I have too many tests, too many hours to work and too much to do before tomorrow at 8pm. Cath, Lindsey and I went to Moab for the half marathon and played with my friends (Jo, Mary, Kori, Jens, Adam . . .who am I missing??) at the local waterhole afterward and then headed over to Wallstreet where we got to climb (just for a bit, but it was so fun)!!!! I love them! I left feeling so happy. There are a lot of people who don't have friends like I've got. I feel so dang lucky.

Being in the sun, running on the rocks and feeling the carefree-lets-do-it-all atmosphere of Moab made me itch for summer. It feels odd to me to come home and immediately fall back into routine and responsibility. Hopefully I'll come of conquer this semester, but while the sun is shining outside, there appears to be a dark cloud over my academic life. I'll have that fixed in no time.

5 Comments:

Blogger j:) said...

Your writing is so artistic. I like to read it. I think everyone loved last weekend :) I can't wait for the rest of summer! To bad the weather in Idaho calls for snow/rain showers!!! Oh, you left out Scott; and Kona and Granite. And one more thing I thought you would like to know. I really liked that last climb but in case you were wondering what was going on while you were driving away - I had my foot totally stuck in the crack! It would not move in any direction and it hurt soo bad. It probably took a solid 5 min of me pulling and twisting, untying my shoe and wincing in pain (I know I'm a baby) until I got it out. Then the rest of the climb was significantly harder since there was no way in heak I was going to put my foot back in the crack. But over all, it was good. I hope you're still reading this long comment because here is the important part: Yellowstone is open to just bikers and peds. This Saturday BYUI is biking through it. We should go. Mary and I are already commited. You need to make this a priority and come! (said in a very serous, convincing and responsible tone).

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

yes!!! i echo all that jo just said! and once more- THIS WEEKEND WAS AWESOME! it was so fun and i am so happy jsut thinking about it :)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Fern said...

Wow. The three of you look SO ALIKE in that picture! Sorta explains the whole sister thing I guess.

3:32 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

that's okay, i read jo's blog and she pretty much summed things up. nice job on the marathon btw. you guys look peppy and content.

4:35 PM  
Blogger M.climb said...

I am glad you have such friends as well. Life is inriched because of them. Congrats once again on the marathon. I hope that you decide that you want to guide because it is that same type feeling you where talking about all of the time.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home