Friday, May 25, 2007

from Red Rocks to White Glaciers

I recently read The Alchemist. I feel like Santiago in search of my personal legend. It's true that when we want something bad enough the Universe conspires in our favor to help us achieve it. I suppose I wanted to go to Alaska quite a bit b/c things just sort of fell into place with relatively little effort on my part.

I quit my rafting job yesterday after training ended. It was a bit bittersweet. I loved turning south toward Moab instead of North to Provo. It felt more like my home and I liked belonging there. I loved the red rocks and I grew to love the Colorado River. . . but I am SOOO excited to fly out tomorrow morning and explore the Alaskan wilderness. I got a job as a park ranger in the National Park in Skagway. Brian is there. Convenient, ey?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WORK IT!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home