Monday, October 01, 2007

cafrine and the pacific northwest

After years of planning (and this was actually on my New Years Resolution list-- typed and laminated in my shower), I finally made it up to see Catherine in Seattle! This amazing trip was brought to me, in part, from Gayle and made possible with a grant from Gary (was anybody else a PBS watcher?). It was such a fun trip and action packed! We would wake up early every morning and eat and play all day until dark. It was so nice to see the fam (mom, dad and cath).


At mt Ranier

"THE TROLL" (was that a correct use of quotation marks?)under the bridge in Seattle (this troll was on 10 things I hate about you. . . remember?)

At the waterfront where you can watch the salmon spawning under the water

Hiking in the Cascades

Mom and me at Pike Place Market-- these were only like $4.50.

Cath and I at her library. It was straight up medieval architecture.

Fernicus! I finally got to visit Fern!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

sweet pics ang!! love the troll- thats cool. i DO remember that. and the becky that is coming this weekend is becky felt, who went to NZ with me. not becky ricks. shes still cool though! see you this weekend! AHH!!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang,
Great pictures! I'm so glad someone finally posted some pictures of the Seattle visit. I was so jealous the entire week and now I know that my jealousy was well due. Looks like you had a great time. I loved seeing the pics!
Love,
Em

12:52 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I got sunflowers when I went to Seattle years ago. Glad to see they are still so beautiful! Love ya!
Rach

8:52 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

whoa! you and Cath look exactly alike in that picture where you are looking at each other! It's also pretty cool/funny that you typed and laminated a goal to visit her and hung it in your shower!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Fern said...

I still feel guilty about locking the keys in the car...It was great to see you! Hope everything is going well. Glad you got to see mt rainier. Did you ever make it to the fair?

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home