Wednesday, September 08, 2004

chatty cathy

I have found that I am a very lucky girl. In Idaho, I had friends who enjoyed doing active fun things and who also had cars, free time and "hook-ups" (knowledge of people/places/things which allows us to get stuff for free or very close to it). Now that I am in Utah, I have found that providence is on my side.

Labor day for instance, Fern hooked us up with a sweet ride to the Nutty Putty caves. They were the longest and coolest caves I have ever been too. There was one part appropriately named the "Birth Canal." It was in question whether or not we would actually do this part because it is so narrow you have to keep one arm up and the other at your side to keep from getting stuck and worm your way through for about 45 minutes. Well, in our debate I pointed out that it was in fact LABOR day and therefore necessary that we proceed through the BIRTH CANAL. SO we did. I was so awsome! Because the space is so small, there is limited oxygen and so our heads were pounding as we belly crawled over the rocks (adding to the accumulating bruises on our arms, hips and knees). Then we went for burgers at Fern's house.

Yesterday, I went to Fern's doctors apt. with her in SLC in the morning (after swimming with Lindsey at the pool). She took me out for lunch, and I got some sushi. THat evening, after class, Randy calls up and invites me over for. . . sushi! HA! I thought it was funny, but of course I accepted. Then, last night at 10:30, my roommate comes in and asks if I want to go flying!

SO-- we drove to the provo airport, hopped on a small four-person plane and flew over the city and the mountains (complete with roller-coaster like falls and turns). It was cool to wear the head set and hear them talking. . .and they gave us a mini-lesson (relief society term) on how the plane works. It was pretty cool!

I am going to go meet lindsey and cath for lunch downstairs. I love you guys! Ryan-- I'm glad you're coming through the Vo. . . let me know when so I can have your birthday card ready. Did you know you have the same birthday as Rick (that guy I used to date?)-- I saw him this weekend and it was SOO much fun-- he was skinnier and had muscles from his job and he looked different! I wanted cath and lindsey to meet him, but it didn't work out. He wanted me to tell dad "hello" since he had met him before, so there you go! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post, Ang. I enjoyed the "birth canal" on "Labor Day" part. I guess you have fun wherever you go! Glad to hear it! - Emily

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

That is funny, going through the birth canal on Labor Day! I guees I can conclude that you are NOT clostraphobic in anyway if you can make it through there with no problems.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home