Tuesday, October 26, 2004

A Simple State of Bliss

I too (like Ryan), voted yesterday using an absentee ballot that I had requested. I am actually surprised at how empowered I felt-- eventhough I know my vote is about as effective/influential as writing on spilled ink, I am at least grateful that apathy is not my excuse.

I have also realized that I am pleased with myself. I probably sound like a narcisist, but I am really happy with the natural flow of my life and what I've chosen to do. I am glad that next December I will be graduating from college with a degree in Recreation Managment, with an emphasis in leisure services and youth leadership (that's a mouthful). That seems so soon. It suits me, but I also know that graduation is not the end of my education. There are so many things I'm excited to learn! I just feel free and empowered! I am on the edge of turning 22, and I don't feel that I forced myself into being something that I am not. I'm grateful that I am not pretentious and that I have not become a woman that I don't like. Basically, I am just very happy right where I am (as long as right where I am keeps moving).

Recent additions to my top ten:

The Garden State soundtrack-- 60 minutes of CD heaven (if only I had an Ipod)
Beans- Garbonzos, Black . . . 8$ of chicken vs. $.57 for 5 cups of beans is hardly a fair match
AM excersize-- the best time to beat yourself. . . you have no idea what's going on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Randy Row said...

Hey- there's a swim meet saturday- Y vs. Notre Dame that should be cool. Also: Ipod=overpriced, Minidisc=just as good (removable media is actually better)!

9:04 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

i like the visual "writing on spilled ink". nice to know that you are pleased with yourself. i mean, it could be worse, you could be having a mid-life crisis wondering where your youth went and still wondering what "fun" really is. but i'm not jealous. haha. well, have a nice day ;)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

Angela- i like you. i like to hang out with you and i find myself wanting to be more like you when i do. youre an inspiring person :) HA and i agree with the AM workout thing. i learned that and have recently forgotten about that (and everything else i knew and loved about working out...) but yeah. thats all i got for today. call me about this weekend

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home