Friday, September 24, 2004

Published Procrastination

I had this realization that if I just type a little every few days, it will be not only more interesting, but less time consuming for me as well. . . plus, after a long day at work it's fun to see some new stuff on the good ol' blog.

Guess what I'm doing tonight?? Well, Sunday I was reading the paper and saw that Aron Ralston is coming to SLC for a book signing Between a Rock and a Hard Place-- it's the guy that cut off his arm in Bluejohn Canyon, Southern Utah last year after five days of being stranded. I am so excited. I plan to ride the bus up at 6:00 pm so that I can see him and have him sign my copy of the book. So that is pretty cool. Plus, my professor, Scott Wood may be there I would love to see him.

Also: GOOD news about NZ. . . I was unofficially accepted to the program and I recieved an invite to a chili social at the professors house. I am so excited to go next semester!

But, alas my joy is tainted by a bit of news I recieved a few minutes ago. Aubrey, my roommate invited me to a group date tomorrow, and I thought to myself, "well yes, I should go"-- but then she proceeded to tell me that Heather had asked her to hook her up with Jesse. . . one of my friends that I thought I didn't really like. . . but my jealousy told me otherwise. Now I am annoyed that 1) I admitted to myself that I liked him 2) I admitted it unwillingly to my roommate at the same time and 3) that he is actually excited about going with her.
OH well.

Catherine, Lindsey, Curtis and I are running a Biathlon tomorrow-- 5k and 1/2 mile swim. I am excited! I decided that it is a good means to get into shape, not the result of being in shape at the moment. Also, I know that I will be beat by one, if not both of my sisters. . . but hey, water off a ducks back, right?

Oh, this was also interesting: I went to the law school (I found your picture Sarah. . . but not until I realized your last name was Gerhart!) for a forum and heard Jaun Melendez speak about being on death row for 18 years for a crime he didn't commit. It was very captivating. Oh, and a few of you who know who he is: Michael Moore is coming to UVSC campus with Hannity to debate and I am going to the fo' sho'!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing: I was just looking at that book in a bookstore the other day. The guy even documented with pictures his plight between the rock. Interesting stuff. Sounds like you are having fun, Ang. Thanks for the update - Emily

11:43 AM  
Blogger Fern said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Fern said...

alright so I accidently deleted my own comment. It looked like a little pillar so I clicked on it. oops.
anyway-
angelina-- you'll never believe this, I was at costco and I noticed that Aaron's book is on sale there for 14.95! What a Joke!!
ps: call me I want to go to DI, maybe the one in Sugar house?

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home