Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Welcome to Angieville

To inform:

I have been pretty busy lately and not very productive. . . so that's a little frustrating. This weekend was a lot of fun, however. On Friday, Thomas and I (this guy that Rachael's husband knows and they wanted me to go out with) went hiking up rock canyon for a bit. It was pretty fun, and he's really cool-- but personality wise we are exact opposites (for all of you color-coders out there-- he's a blue/white and I'm a red/yellow-- I know these tests are kind of hokey, but it gives you some insight into what I'm talking about). We did have a lot in common-- like we both worked at youth camps in Teton Valley, Idaho (his camp actually came to Badger the year I was there). Despite our similarities, I don't feel much chemistry and I don't see it going anywhere, so that's the end of that I suppose.

So, after hiking, I came right back and got ready to go set up for our ward social. I got called to Activities committee for the ward so it was one of my duties to set up. It was pretty cool.

Then, I came home and Nicki (my badger buddy) was at my house and so I went up to Kaysville and spent the night at her place and we went rock climbing the next day. It took us 6 hours total, and we only did two climbs, but we had to set everything up ourselves. It was so fun! I loved it! There was a mishap, however. As I was belaying Nicki-- she fell and I was not achored into a rock or tree to keep me on the ground. Instead, I flew forward towards the rock and began to rise and she began to fall. Luckily, I had the rope in "locked position" the whole time, so we ended up just hovering a few feet over the ground and everything was safe.

I rode the bus home and spent the rest of the night at Fern's place watching a movie and eating smoothies. She got surgery recently on her foot and is pretty limited in what she can do. But, she looks good! :)

Then, Ryan, Kie and family came to visit on Sunday-- that was AWESOME. It is so nice to be able to see family while at school. They are so awesome! Now I've seen the entire family again since Christmas, except for Jer and Em, who I am planning to see over thanksgiving if I can work it out.

Other than that, it's just boring stuff like school work. OH! I have been making new friends and seeing old ones, which is cool. I have been hanging out with Jesse and Daniel a lot-- but it's always late at night, so I am always tired.

I'm going to write more soon. This is all logistics, which is boring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice update, Ang. I check your blog almost every day, so it's always nice when there's something new. Sounds like things are going pretty good and you're getting settled in. I like the part about you seeing Jer and Em over Thanksgiving. Hope all continues well! Love you,Emily
P.S. Don't forget: sometimes opposites can attract (but chemistry is still required)!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ang! I check your blog daily, too. I like hearing how you're doing, even if it's a little note and you feel rushed. Rock climbing and your hike sound like fun! Sounds like you have been too busy to sleep =) What's new, eh? I bet Utah will be getting very pretty in the next month, with all the fall colors. Love you!

Sarah

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang, This is Dad saying thanks for updating your blog with all that "boring stuff" -- like dangling from ropes while rock climbing! Gayle shared with my your conversation with her on the phone. I'm glad you have adjusted so quickly to BYU Provo, and that it was a good move because it is accredited in your area of study. I'm glad you are getting some time with your sisters in Provo, and also visiting your grandparents.
I'm glad you are dating also because experiences you have will help you make those important decisions of life. Love, Dad

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home