Thursday, October 28, 2004

Ten minutes Till

Goodmorning, Thomas (Tommy, Tom or Thomas?)! Welcome to mortal life, little buddy! Sarah, congratulations to you and James on a new baby boy. . . it looks like Jacob was really excited as well. Your family is growing so fast and it looks like you're out-numbered now.

I have ten minutes before I go take my "Facilities Planning" test. It is the most boring class I have ever taken (and that includes Mr. Whimbly's 7th grade math class). Luckily, one of the benefits of paying for your education is that now instead of staring at some bald guy, I can sneak out of the boring lecture without the threat of sitting in an empty room from 3-5pm (a-la Detention). Ahhh, the joys of adulthood. However, it does annoy me that I am paying him to teach me something I could read out of a book. Suppose I invested the same ammount that I've paid for college on just books, and acutally read them! I bet I could battle with BYU-Nerdboy on Jeopardy! right now.

Another week is almost over and I can't believe it! It's been a good one. Mary came down from SLC and we've been hanging out with Sven (who quit his job in So-Cal) for the past few days. This morning as I was swimming, I contemplated how much work an Ironman Triathlon would be. Imagine this:
2.4 mile ocean swim
100 mile bike
26.3 mile run
I am going to do it. Anybody else in?




4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

DUDE i am totally in on the ironman. 'try and hit me napoleon. i said come down here and see what happens when you try and hit me..."

9:07 PM  
Blogger Randy Row said...

Hey- just a comment. Those Iron Man things damage your body.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, I have a hard time with the idea of running 26 miles in a Marathon, and I can't imagine preceeding it with a hemongous bike ride and swim. It would literally punish ones body. I have such fond memories of running up rock canyon, slide canyon, and slate canyon as a college student. The fall colors were beautiful, and the clouds sometimes came down low. Running is for enjoying life.
I enjoy reading your blog. Dad

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about ho waterski closeout special
. You can check it out at ho waterski closeout special
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home