Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Getting My Ducks in a Row

After all is said and done, I am happy that Pres. Bush was re-elected. I was awake at 7am this morning making chocolate chip pancakes for Megan's(myroommie) birthday breakfast and I grabbed the paper from out of the hallway. I was NOT surprised to see that the election was still undecided, but I was surprised that only a few hours later the results were in. I expected another two weeks of Ohio ballot-counting and re-counting, so I was grateful that Kerry did not pull a Gore-repeat. Now instead of hearing CNN discuss who the next president will be (like they've done for two months straight), now we get to hear them analyze the polls, Bush's tactics and re-hash the whole election one more time. Goody. At least I feel at ease about our nations future (morally speaking), and hopefully this means no more eerie-election dreams.

This morning I woke up and we had an early-morning party for Megan who turned 19. She is such a fun roommate . . . I feel like we're always laughing. It was very successful!

We have been blessed in Provo this week with very beautiful weather again. I have been taking advantage of it by running on the Provo City trail, which goes right next to the river. It has been really nice to go run, reflect and get thoughts in order. Classes are good-- I've had two tests this week and I think I came off conquer-- Yippee!

OH! I forgot to update my last weekend. I went to Idaho and we had a mini "Summit reunion" and stayed at a cabin in Victor, Idaho. The next day we hiked up Targhee mountain, which was in about three feet of POWDER-- everyone snowboarded down, but I didn't have a board, so I ran down the mountain instead. We ate chili and watched a movie when we got back. It was a great weekend and it was fun to see Carrie (Jo) again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fern said...

Thanks for hanging out with me tonight and letting me vent a little. You're GGRRRREAT! and about that thing we talked about...just try to relax. Either way you're life is going to turn out fine. no, more than fine, GGRRRRRRRRRRRRAT!
Your Dorky friend for life,
Fern

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

ANG!! i like to read your blog and i like to hang out with you. other than that i dont have much to say. come to new zealand. i will be lost without you...

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great update, Ang. Glad to hear you're still having fun. Say hi to everyone for me :) Emily

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home