Monday, November 01, 2004

The only Living Girl in this Place

I have been running non-stop this morning, surviving on Halloween candy (which prompted my new goal of no sweets until Thanksgiving-- although that will probably prove to be a let-down with no Mama Hatch pumpkin pie). I just finished my World Religions test, and I think I rocked it. Yesss.

I realized today when I was walking around campus that I am in the habit of de-humanizing the people I am around. They seem like identical paper dolls dressed in a different color polo, chatting on their flip-phone or sifting through their i-pod tunes. I was thinking about some of the woman in our Relief Society at home and I found it so strange that they went to BYU also. I forget that this isn't just one big homogenous group of breathing flesh with me on the outside. It threw me off when I saw Catherine today on campus.

I am doing some research on the Ironman-- so I'll post some more information on it (and its affects on the body) soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Randy Row said...

The only living girl in this place? Come on, don't you think that's just a bit self-centered? Get over yourself... jk- I wouldn't know you're alive from how much you're around! Be a friend!

11:56 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

wow angela...you're intense. Just remember that everyone is unique and an individual...just like everyone else. I'll be looking forward to iron(wo)man info.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home