Thursday, November 11, 2004

Biking as a Betterment

This morning at 7, mary showed up at my door (looking rather awake and cheerful-ha) to go biking and running. We biked up the foothills of provo and overlooked the valley. The sun was reflecting through the clouds and a pinkish-yellow hue was swirled throughout the gray overcast morning. I loved it! Then we biked around the perimeter of the city and on the Provo River Trail to Utah lake. Once there, we locked our bikes, stretched our lead-like legs (check out that alliteration!), and ran four miles. Then we biked to Becky's, ate breakfast, biked to the library and read adventursome magazines and biked home. It took about 4 hours to complete this, but it was well worth it.

This morning while I was reaching for my toes in a stretch, I noticed a strange leaf that had these spikey things on it. I had never seen anything like it! I was suddenly thrown back and I remembered how closely I used to examine everything as a kid-- looking under logs, rocks and in the garden. The other day I was at the gas station and I saw a praying mantis that had been hit by a car. It was a female and she had several eggs spilling from her side.

2 Comments:

Blogger j:) said...

Your bike ride sounds fun. The other day I rode down the taylor quad grass area that has those 3 dips in it. It was fun and reminded me of mountain biking. I really want to go biking again. That praying mantis thing is gross.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW -- that's a crazy workout! The 4-mile run alone would have done me in, or the bike ride to Utah lake. Isn't it a pretty ride out to the lake, though? Sounds like you are totally in shape! -- Sarah

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home