Friday, January 21, 2005

The Dual Nature of Man

I just got back from the grocery store with Sarah-- the entire south-east is going crazy. I've never been in a grocery store so packed! I waited in line for an hour. . . meanwhile I was catching up on the latest celebrity gossip (from reliable sources like "In-touch" and "US"). Every single caption was from an area in my mission! I am going to the most materialistic place on earth, but trying to find the most humble people. . . what am I doing? My life has completely changed.

*Just for the record, the Paul Simon reference in the heading of my "me and julio" post was not the country song I was referring to in the first paragraph. The country song really was a VERY cheesy country song and "me and julio" was a reference to hangin out with Latino's (esp. since Emmanuel was from my 'schoolyard').

7 Comments:

Blogger Fern said...

hey angela!!! so I know i'm not one to talk, but i'm dying for a new update (or a call...). PLEASE! Remember, I only have one way of reaching you, your house #. There's only a few days left to get in some quality phone time. wahahaha! (that didn't make any sense, that wahaha, but whatever)
FERN FERN FERN FERN FERN FERN FERN FERN FERN FERN FERN
^my new thing, for today at least

1:19 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

yo angelo. what up? even materialistic people need the gospel too. just remember i was born in torrance and i'm one of the most humble people I know. ha ha. ok, dumb joke. but really, my parents were converts from that area and pretty well off $$ back then so don't give up on people just because they're caught up in what they live in the middle of. not that you would, you've always been a really accepting person. except for that time you really didn't like my friend joey. speaking of joey i saw him today...wow, i almost just said something really dumb. i'll talk to you later. i can't wait to see you!!! don't you hate it when people don't capitalize when they're supposed to!! i do anyways. and i'm doing it on purpose. ahh ha haaa.

2:07 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

oh, and by the way, i picked up on the 'me and julio' and the cheesy country song being two different things. speaking of latinos, kori made out with a mexican dude the other night. they tried to get me to hook up with their friend but it was a definite no go. i'm just glad my brother, john, and ty were there so i had some other people to talk to etc. ok, maybe i just need to call you. you said you were going to call me on saturday. maybe you did. i got pretty busy. i don't know why i'm leaving you such long comments. ah ha! i figured it out. i'm supposed to be writing a paper!

2:13 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:13 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

awww, i hate it when i accidentally hit the 'publish your comment' button twice!

2:15 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Randy Row said...

I don't know whether man really has a duel nature...it seems that, although we are divine embryo, left to our own devices we are all pretty foul. I guess you just have to find the ones striving to reach outside this crude meat cell...anyway, have a good one!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home