Saturday, January 15, 2005

Me and Julio down by the schoolyard

Do ever find yourself stopping at a song on the radio that seems completely opposite your character and musical taste? There is this completely corny country song that just hits me in the right spot every time I hear it.

I spent the evening with about 10 hispanic guys and 1 girl. Emmanuel wanted me to come with them so that I could get used to hanging out with Latinos. I am starting to get more excited about teaching the spanish people. . . even though I messed up on the simplest phrases tonight! Instead of asking this girl where she was from, I stupidly said "donde esta?" (where are you?)! She looked at me and said, "who?" and then once we realized what happened, started cracking up. And then I said "me gusta zapatos" (I like shoes) instead of saying "I like your shoes"-- Victor was looked at me like, "so what, you like shoes. . . " At least they seem to have a sense of humor. And I thought of Jo tonight when Emmanuel did that thing where you throw the car in reverse and pull the e-break to flip the car around (like in the movies during car chases). That was a first for me.

Yesterday I went to UNC to chill with Erin. She hit the green corsica (our nicest one) when she backed out. . . it was actually kind of funny. I spent a lot of time helping her plan her trip to Utah for spring break! Just my luck. She finally comes to Utah and I'm leaving. I am so sleepy. . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Randy Row said...

Did I tell you my friend Brandon (with whom I went to S.America) got a subaru STI- the fastest 4 cylinder ever made- anyway we went out to the country to open it up and that thing could spin out on asphalt just by applying gas and turning the wheel. Also fast on a straightaway, but the governer stopped us at 160, though. Carrie Jo is in town and we'll probably hang on Monday, but I'll post some pics you can tear off my blog. Hey, do you have an email address? These public postings that have very little to do with your blog are not appropriate for blogging-- so I will just end this pointlessness and email you some pointlessness later when you give me your address.

2:15 AM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

this is a boring comment.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home