Monday, December 20, 2004

writing in the windy city

I am in Chicago right now chillin' at the internet kiosk in the airport. . . I'm about to call Jo b/c she'll be here in about 20 minutes too (I'm with Cath and Chris and Abby Clark were on our same flight also). Things have been crazy-go-nuts these last couple of days getting things together before I left Provo. I packed up all of my stuff, moved out of my house, cleaned, played and said my goodbyes to everyone (well, almost everyone RANDY!)-- The girls took me out to PF-Changs for dinner and we did some Christmas shopping. THe next morning, I went with Cath to drop deaner off at the airport. Then we did some more Christmas shopping at the Gateway in SLC-- and met up with JO who came down to chill for the weekend. It was so much fun! We went ice skating and ate and played and talked sooo much.

I can't wait to get home tonight! ERIN: this is for you! I am coming home tonight, and I can't wait to see you! I have been thinking about you because I'm going to be here for a whole month (I go into the MTC Feb 2), and so I'll finally get to meet ALL of your UNC friends and chill with you in Chapel Hill! YEAH! I miss you!

Well, other than that, I am still so psyched about LA-- that city is so huge and full of hispanics! This girl told me that I'm one of about 6 spanish sisters in LA, and there's tons of work to do. I have never really lived in a huge city, so this will definitely be a new experience for me! As for spanish, I am so worried! I hope that I can actually learn it, but right now I feel so GRINGO. I can't even say "hola" and sound authentically hispanic. I suppose that will come with time. One this is for sure: I AM SO EXCITED!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

Angela!! i am so excited for you to get home! ahhh thats so fun flying with everyone! i wish iwas there! everytime i fly its by myself and really boring!! AH! anyhoo wow i miss you and jo! i was jsut thinking about that today- i wish i could hang out with you guys for at least the rest of my college career (if not longer :) but it seems like everyone is running off and doing their own thing now (including me, but...) anyhoo that kinda bumms me out- i like you your one of my favorite friends! haha anyhoo have fun while your home and keep in touch kay!? have a good flight

10:00 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

yo angela, I hope the rest of your flight was a bueno. I was glad that I was tired enough to sleep most of mine away. Say hello to the fam for me :)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home