Thursday, December 02, 2004

one week & one not so weak

These past few days have been wonderfully strange. I don't think I have ever in my life witnessed God so much in all of things I do. This week everything seems to be reaching an end-- and not an abrupt one, but a perfect one. I feel like every door that was left hanging open, all of my "what ifs", every "why did I do that" have all been gently resolved, closed and washed away. I stand amazed! In a world where everything seemed so fleeting, so 'blown about by the wind', I suddenly feel so very sure of what I'm supposed to do. I don't know if it's happiness, joy, sadness, fear or my desire for consistancy that leaves this uneasy-can't-eat feeling in my stomach-- but I do know that my emotions have reached a new level of sensetivity and I am unable to walk and not feel. Dramatic? Perhaps, but I still can't shake this off. I won't elaborate on the details, so it is enough to say that I am ready and waiting for Sunday-- once again.

I think every non-secure thought that I do have has made manifest in my dreams-- man! They are getting more bazzerk by the night. Last night I was floating the Haw River, singing while whiping willow branches across the water and watching huge fish (one that looked like a dog and had been in the river for 38 years) with hippie bearded men who "knew the river" and the strange old women who trusted them.

And to prove that I am still normal and not just a mass of emotion and strange river dreams-- here's the basics: I have been working on homwork, projects and presentations. I am getting ready for the end of the school year and spending my free time with friends (Fern & Randy). Since my thoughts are generally occupied, and my apartment usually empty-- it's nice to not be alone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Randy Row said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

hey angla :)
Your update was cool to read. It left me feeling really peaceful.
And a little note about freezing bicycles: brakes and gears started freezing up here about 2 weeks ago...
I almost ran into some girls on a crosswalk.
When do you fly home?

12:50 PM  
Blogger Fern said...

yo! yo! yo! Whatever happened to keepin it real? j/k I have fun with you too!! I can't believe how much I ate last night. Let me know if you still want to come to that humanitarian thing tonight.
"The hardest part of the journey is the first step" ha ha

1:26 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

Angela! i LOVE your blogs, you are such a good writer! you express things well. i wish i could write like that. anyways yeah it was very peaceful to read and and i glad things are feeling good inside. if its calm inside, everything outside starts to not matter as much! and you OWNT get fat on your mission jeez! anyways i really miss hanging out with you, youre really fun and a really good example to me! haha remember when i wrote on my powerpoint about people i wanted to be like- you and sven? well i meant it! :) love ya

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:32 PM  
Blogger APeay said...

HEY SISTAH!!
I am so glad that you are in touch with your feelings and with what you should do. I am so proud of you. I look up to you so much!

Sorry I couldn't feed you breakfast this morning...do forgive. Hope your day went well and snowboarding is fun today. YOU rock babe!
love linds

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home