Monday, November 22, 2004

The marrow of Life

This past weekend I had a sudden realization that I only have a few weeks to see everyone before I leave. Carrie left for this whole week to California, and so that means I will get to see her for a few hours on some weekend when we're both stressed out with finals, say bye for the next year and a half, and that's it. Fern decided to leave early for Seattle (thanksgiving), and I am just mulling in my self-pity knowing that Jo is probably rock climbing over the pacific ocean right now. I don't know why, but I really get an unsettled feeling inside of me if I don't do something difficult, exciting, adventurous, risky or challenging every so often and Provo just has not been offering it to me lately. I miss the recklessness of BYU-Idaho. . . there was a certain 'irresponsibility' that I could get away with up there.

Okay, that was yesterday's post and today has rather different undertones. My frustration has been lifted and I once again feel happy and free. After I wrote this, I had a good 5 1/2 mile run with Lindsey through the cows, rivers and fields and it reminded me that I have so much to be grateful for during this holiday season. Then, I talked to Catherine on the way to the airport (I dropped her off for Boston) and she eased some of the pre-mission jitters that had recently crept into my mind. I do feel lucky to have so much, and I when I look back at the things I have done in only the past two years, I have no reason to feel that my life is void of adventure. I am excited to go see grandma this weekend!! I have a lot of last minute things to work on, so this will be brief-- but before I go, here's my thankgiving gratitude list:

The core of it all: Family-- I have been so blessed! What an amazing group of people! I love you guys so much.

The next layer: Friends-- I am grateful to have such loyal friends who have really stuck by me through the years. Each one adding something new and teaching me something wonderful.

Education: I am so happy to be in school, learning things and trying everything! I feel lucky for this time in my life where I have relatively little resonsibility and tremendous opportunity.

Nature/Outdoors: I am amazed at the difference in seasons-- the way a rising sun or a setting sun can make the world look compeltely different. I love the leaves as they scurry behind me when I run in the fall. I love the silloette of the bare trees against the dark blue sky during winter. I love the sloppy juxtaposition of the man made city and the majestic mountains!

I am grateful that I can move! I love to run, jump, bike, climb, swim, dance, turn, bound and walk! I am grateful that I can excersize and that it restores equilibrium/balance in my life day after day.

From my blog I am sure that you can tell that I am grateful for food, so I won't ellaborate on that one. But more than that, I am grateful for mom's cooking and I am looking forward to Christmas break.

I am grateful that I can SERVE A MISSION! I realized yesterday how many times I wrote in my journal "I'm thinking about serving a mission. I wonder if I will serve a mission. Will I serve a mission?" I am grateful to know now, that I will! YES! This is a new exciting different sort of adventure than I have conquered in the past, but I am ready and willing to accept whatever I am offered.

This is a long post, and I could go on forever. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone and I LOVE YOU ALL (unless I don't know you and you're reading this-- in which case I would like to ask you that you not to come back).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great upbeat post, Angela! Have a fun thanksgiving in Idaho! - Emily

11:47 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

ANGELA! that was a great blog! i think i will really like reading them more and more now that i am gone and not spending all my time with you! haha But i miss you alot! we had some good times!! good luck with all your days- remember the power of a run! hehe keep in touch okay?

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, blonde beauty. I see you quite frequently in the Periodical section of the library. I saw your blog and I think you should be more open to those you do not know. I want to see you!
-Your secret admirer in the library :)

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey cutie,
i saw your blog URL on the bathroom stalls and thought i'd give it a try. so you don't love me cuz you dont' know me, eh? I've been watching you for a while now. i know where you live, eat, recreate, and now i have your blog. mwa ha ha !
In the mean time, I'll just keep on following you around campus at a safe distance. I just can't help myself.
yours,
mr. stalker

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home