Tuesday, November 16, 2004

it's just Tuesday Talkin'

Wow! It was great to get so many comments on my blog. Sometimes I feel like nobody every checks this thing, so THANKS! Last night was the first time that I had formally announced that I was going on a mission (besides email), at FHE. It was funny, because actually one of the bishopric members announced it for me and it felt very strange. This might sound funny, but I think I need to think about something besides the mission. . . it is always on my mind-- to the point that I lie in bed at night and think about it for hours.

I went to the doctor yesterday and I got my blood work-- Thursday will be my last appointment, so I will be meeting with the stake prez. on Sunday. Last night I went running to pick up my bike, and then biked up in the hills under the "Y"-- it was completely dark and I was in all black. It was probably a bit dangerous, but those roads aren't traveled that much and I really liked it-- being somehow invisible made the hills seem less daunting. My legs were burning, my hands were freezing and suddenly I could see the whole city. Exercise is the only way to clear my mind these days. I feel lucky to have such beautiful weather!

My plan tonight is to bike back up there, then hike up the mountain with my sleeping bag, hot cooca and read for a while. We'll see if it actually materializes. I just want to go camping so bad!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

ANG! wow i jsut caught up on your blog! haha its been about a week. wowser....anyhoo yeah i REALLY want to go camping pretty bad too. so call me if you do....and we still need to run UP the Y.....

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang, I love reading your thoughts and updates. By the way, it's totally normal to be sick of thinking about missions, especially when you haven't gotten your call yet. If I were in Utah, I would totally go camping with you. In fact, the other day I was thinking about our mountain trips and wished I could go again... Love, Emily

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Utah. Clear nights. Stars. City lights spread out like a mirror to the stars. Cold on a mountain. Warmth in a bag. It does clear your mind. I left a part of myself in the West.

Sarah

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home