Monday, December 06, 2004

On the verge . . .

Hibbity-hooo! Guess what e'rybody!? My papers (mission, that is) are in! I gave the stake President my final answer yesterday and he's going to mail them today. I'm guessing I'll get my call around Christmas time, and although my availability date says Jan 5th, I probably will be staying in NC for about two months. Yeah! I realized that the whole process (once I made the decision last fast Sunday) took exactly one month-- from fast Sunday to fast Sunday. . . but it felt like forever! It's funny for me to think now that I would still be going to New Zealand in a month. I love how things can change so fast!

I made another decision this weekend. I finally openly admitted that I do not like the BYU RMYL major. I loved it in Idaho because it had a completely different focus, but I dread EVERY single rec class I have here. I don't feel challenged. I don't care how close I am to finishing, I will not be satisfied with my college experience unless I feel like I left smarter than when I entered. After talking to Grandpa last night (I found out he majored in elementary ed and said he felt the same way) I have decided that when I return from the mission, I am going to major in Print Journalsim. It's a great job if I want to stay at home and if I wanted to teach, all I need is a teaching certificate for my state and I can teach journalism in high-school. So, that was my second discovery. Since I only have 4 classes to finish RMYL, I'll probably double major and try writing for an outdoor or fitness magazine.

I spent some time with Fern last night-- watching the Christmas fireside and making some dang-good chocolate chip cookies. For those of you who don't know, Fern and I became friends our second day of college at ward prayer in July, 2001. We started talking and I decided that since neither of us knew anyone, we should just be friends. I moved in, and we have been buds ever since! She married Tyler, one of our friends, and she lives in Emily's exact apartment at Y-mount.

4 Comments:

Blogger j:) said...

wow, lots of new stuff. Your papers are officially in :) Its strange to me...but in a good way. So you're planning on going back to BYU after the mish? I have absolutely no idea where I'll be in 2 yrs. Strange.
I miss you...you better come and see me before you fly out to NC.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Randy Row said...

Hey-- maybe you'll develop a passion for accounting on your mission!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

ANGELA! haha i love that youre never satisfied! keep on adding challenges! congrats on getting your papers in! i am so excited for you! you have to call me when you find out about it!! loves
mare

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the papers in, Angela. Now the wait begins... And I think you'll be glad you switched your major once you get back. I switched mine after the mission; however, it didn't give me a whole lot more opportunities. And how funny that Fern is living my exact apartment at Wymount. That means she's probably in my old ward, too. It's a small world. Love you, Ang - Emily

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home