Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket



I thought I would put up a picture of my favorite constellation (the Seven Sisters). The night before last I was running with Aubrey and Nick late at night on the Provo River Trail. The sky was so much more alive without man-made lights to diminish their glow. I would always see the Seven Sisters when I went to the outhouse in the middle of the night at Badger Creek. I know I only have five sisters, but for some reason it would always remind me of my family when I saw it (actually, it still does). I love the night sky! I think it teaches me about keeping my focus on the "big picture" and remaining grounded on a good foundation. Perhaps Job was a naturalist too:

But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee: Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

I know it looks like I'm getting head-start on my mission, but I love that scripture. Nothing brings me closer to heaven than the earth.

Yesterday was a mess. I spent five hours in the library working on a "group" presentation. Then I met with my group and we worked until about 8 pm. Then Aubrey took me to Barnes and Nobles to study for my World Religion final, but it closed, so I went to the library until 2am. Then I studied for another hour, woke up this morning at 6am, studied more and went and took it. I did well, but I wish that he had asked me everything that I had stored up in my brain instead of just picking a few of the things that I had learned. . . acutally, it was probably a good thing because I could barely form sentences I was so tired. I have another final in an hour and a half, and then I will be NEARLY DONE!

5 Comments:

Blogger j:) said...

Hey, did you see the meteor shower? It was on the night of the 13th. It was rad. The seven sisters reminds me of you and your sisters to. Probably because you tell me about it a lot, but oh well. I saw them the night of the meteors and I thought. I wonder if angela is watching the shower too. Then that song from An American Tail popped into my head "somewhere out there...beneath the pale blue sky...some one's thinkin of me..." no I'm just kidding. I'm not even really sure about the words. But I really did see the constellation.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

man ang- every time ki read your blog its like you have one mroe little inspiration thing on there! i love it! i feel like most of my days i go through motions without noticing things or thinking about whats going on around me, and i feel like you are very observant and find amazing qualities in simple things. thats a quality i hope will rub off on me if i keep reading your blog :) i read it and then always feel like i need to be more aware and think more. thats a good thing! haha anyways good luck on finals i know they suck! but the end is in sight!! (and dont worry- youre supposed to be getting a head start on you mission- now that you are going, people wont think its odd to be really spiritual and they probably will expect you to :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Fern said...

Yo!
I've called you like twice everyday this week! What's going on? I leave on friday, remember. Think about it.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang, if you like night skies, then you would love Kansas. You can see stars almost every night because there is so much sky to see! Plus, it doesn't take much driving at all to be out in the country where there are very few manufactured lights or sounds. I, too, enjoy the skies and nature. I don't think there is anything more peaceful than a sunrise or sunset when I am alone walking or driving. It's calming, somehow, and always increases my gratitude for life. So, you gonna call as soon as those papers come? Know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you as you wait for the big letter! Love you, Emily

11:43 AM  
Blogger Fern said...

angela! you'd better spill the beans before someone else is forced to do it for you!!!! HURRY HURRY!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home