Monday, December 13, 2004

It's beginning to look a lot like. . . Exam time.

Last night I went to the Collete Christmas party, and I was reminded of what I was doing at this time last year. After one cousin threw a bus-jab, I found myself once again defending my unconventional ideals. I couldn't believe that it was only one year ago exactly, that I was living in "the bus" behind Tim's house. I remember Nicki telling me one time that I smelled like the bus. That could only mean one thing: I smelled bad (a mixture of propane, musty 10-year-old mexican blankets and an unidentifiable stench that loomed constantly in the bus air). I can't believe that I had absolutely zero responsibilities and lived completely by myself. There was a definite paradigm shift after that experience; a selfish existance is not fulfilling nor rewarding (granted my lifestyle was closer to asceticism than indulgence. . but still).

This weekend I said, "I have an ability to see the past" (no, I did not realize that this was a stupid comment at the time). It seems to me that I should have mentioned that I have an amazing ability to dwell on it (or at least write about it )-- SO, let's move to the present.
This weekend was fabulous-- JOSIE (that's another one of Carrie Jo's names) came into town! HOORAY! I can easily say it was one of the best weekends of the semester. All day on Friday I was hurrying to get all of my pre-weekend errands done. I biked to the grocer (ay, and the butcher too, me lad!. . .just kidding), went running, showered, cleaned house, made pizza dough, finished a bit of homework and did laundry.

Fern came over at like 6:30 to help me cut up stuff for our personal pan pizza's that we were having that night (a tribute to our annual Hatch New Year's Eve bashes), and Cath and Curt came too and helped. We were all hungry when she got here, so we made our grub, and ate. The whole ordeal took quite a bit of time, but it was really fun and they tasted delicious. Afterward, we went to Fern's house, then to Wal Mart, and then back to Fern's for dessert. It was so fun to hang out with the three of us! We really are getting older, but it doesn't seem real to me. We don't know any of the new popular words (like "I'm amped to do that.") and all of the new songs are "too loud, or lame".

The next day we went to the Gateway Mall in SLC to Christmas shop, but alas, we are broke ladies, so we didn't buy anything (but chocolate, of course) and then rode the tracks back to the car after our Mexican dinner. We sat in the hot tub for a bit and then went to bed.

Church was great on Sunday--we had our Christmas program. This is the best ward I have ever been in and I love my bishopric. But Sunday always seems to be the busiest day of the week! Catherine came over that night and we sang Christmas carols and drank passion tea under the stars. . . hooray for harmonizing Cath. . .

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday! I better get back to my exams!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Grace said...

Ang! it was good to hear from you! i was beginning to wonder what ever happened to you!! so you already sent your papers in and are just waiting huh? AHH thats so exciting!!! you HAVE to let me know! anyhoo good blog today, it was fun to read- tell jo i say hi (or i guess i could) but i'm glad you had fun! anyhoo well i gotta run (work early) so i will talk to you lata PLAYA!~

10:11 PM  
Blogger j:) said...

nice recap of the weekend. did I ever mention that I love the way you write. I'm glad you're going into print journalism :)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home