Monday, January 31, 2005

A Love Story

The west is so beautiful! I love it. I love it. I love it. If only I could strip it of it's endless shopping plazas and superWalmarts, then I could truly echo Brigham Young in saying, "this is the place." I love the way the pink sun hits every east face of the mountian in the morning! I love the clear air (okay, maybe that was a bit of an exageration since Provo has some of the worst air pollution), the blue skies. . . I know it's not always this nice during winter, but today it just feels so nice.

This morning Carrie and I woke up at 6am to go swimming with cath and Linny (we stayed at Fern's house last night). I felt strange knowing that I was swimming my last lap-- I love to swim and I love the water. It was a bitter departure. It made it a bit easier knowing that I was about to go eat french toast and blueberries. I love berries (orgin of love: the childrens book Blueberries for Sal).

Tonight we are going snowshoeing through Hobble Creek Canyon to the hot springs. I love the awkwardness of snowshoes and the hint of Lewis and Clarke pride when "discovering" natural hot pots. And I love my relationship with stars. . . like they were created just for me and for the simple enjoyment I get from looking at them. And, I love that they actually were.

Amidst all of these loves, I have found new loves. . . ones that I was less familiar with. I love the feeling I get when I read about people in the past who cared about me and my happiness-- Moroni, Nephi, Joseph Smith, the founding fathers and my own grandparents (that isn't new). I love my ancestors. I love my heritage. I love doing the right thing and I especially love the feeling of being unselfish (but it's hard to remember that one sometimes). And, I love people who are honest. Free from hypocrisy and dishonesty-- I love genuineness!

Zak once told me I didn't have the capacity to love-- but I always knew he was just annoyed with the fact that I did not have the capacity to love him. Now, I'm about to find new loves in my life-- bringing a message of hope, clarity and LOVE in an urban jungle to group of people I have never been able to communicate with. Wow, I sure do LOVE an adventure!

5 Comments:

Blogger Randy Row said...

wow, how did you get the word adventure to show up in that font?

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela
I thoroughly enjoyed your colorful, happy, optimistic blog. It brought a smile to my face and I'm just thinking: "You're going to be an awesome sister missionary." Seriously, you have the smile to wake up a dead penguin (I'm trying to adopt your adventurous writing style,) your testimony is bright in the way you act. I love the energy that I feel when I'm around you, you are so AWESOME!!! I hope you do great in your Thriftworld Frump clothes, I liked them! My cousin advises to throw out all clothing you're not bringing on the mission porque they will go out of style when you come back :( Well, this is a full-fledged e-mail because I don't have your e-mail address. I'll be sure to write to you while you're in CA. Mucho love from Idaho.

Jami

11:02 PM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

anf- if thats your last blog it was amazing. i love the way you write ad think- ddont ever forget that! i love you! i will miss you like crazyz! i gotta run good luck out there! youll do GREAT!!!! thaks for the memories!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mission is about love. Love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, your true mission presidents. Love for your companion. And love for those you teach. Angela, I love you! I love your quick laugh and enthusiasm for life. I'll be thinking of you!

Sarah

8:46 PM  
Blogger William Cobb said...

so how did you get that word adventure to be so green? btw, i know you're going into the MTC tomorrow, so maybe you can answer this question in about 18 months or so. audios amiga!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home