Thursday, January 27, 2005

R.I.P.

I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. Suddenly, a cold feeling came over me and I totally fainted! The next thing I knew I had a rug burn on my face and my head was pounding. I have never done that before. It felt weird.

GUESS WHAT?? I'm PACKING!!!! Mom is like having a personal assistant. She did my laundry, ran my errands, make kits (first aid, sewing etc), hemmed my clothes and checked off my "to do" lists. . . so this is what it's like to be rich! I am nearly done and anticipating my flight tomorrow and my weekend-o' fun. I have to admit that I'm trying not to think about Wed at noon, or the pre-mission jitters that I'll get the night before. . . actually, writing this is starting to give me that cold feeling again.

I feel like I'm dying. . .the "last time I'll do this," the goodbyes, the "Farwell" talk, the last minute emails and letters-- everything! John told me tonight that life will be completely different when I come back and it's pretty much like I am dead for the next year and a half. All of my friends moved on (literally) and trying to start all over again from scratch. I hope that's not totally true.

*Just for the record: Ryan--Emmanuel and I aren't "dating". . .and I doubt I'll be getting any huge boxes. But, he did say he'd write me a few letters in espanol. . . :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Randy Row said...

Nope, it's true!
Except I'll be doing the exact same thing for the next 2 years, so I'm kind of in a time warp. Everything IS different...and your friends will all be enveloped in their new lives to the point where all you can do is talk about old times to avoid awkward lulls.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mary Grace said...

hey angela!!! good luck on your mish!! i will miss you! and dont worry, i will probably not be going anywhere too far in 2 years...ahh i gotta run jsut wante dto say hi!! love you!!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home